Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Successful line and baits for Corona Lake

Default Successful line and baits for Corona Lake

Will be hitting Corona lake tomorrow hoping to get there around 530 am. Would appreciate any tips as to what lightest lb test line would be best and strong enough for the medium sized trouts, and what kind of baits everybody else are using. I got me some red and silver lip ripperz, cheese dough baits, and bait oil.

I'm also going to bring a dinghy, what's the catch like if you're fishing off a boat vs the shore.

Thanks. Appreciate feedback.

p3pp3r

Use 2 lb test line and loosen your drag. Powerbait, powermouse combo and inflated half a nightcrawler always seems to work for me there.

Quote Originally Posted by KaliDawgFan View Post
    Use 2 lb test line and loosen your drag. Powerbait, powermouse combo and inflated half a nightcrawler always seems to work for me there.
    Thanks for the reply. I think I need to pass by the store to get some Powerbaits too. I have 4 lb and 6 lb test on my rods is it ok to make the leader lines as 2 lbs, about how long would a good leader line be?

I have used 2 pound for leaders with 4 pound on the reel. I have had better luck with leaders anywhere from 12" to 24" max.

3lb Pline works great!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by JHDucky View Post
    I have used 2 pound for leaders with 4 pound on the reel. I have had better luck with leaders anywhere from 12" to 24" max.
    Will make 4 of these leaders tonight, thanks for the tip.

Quote Originally Posted by the killa fish taco View Post
    3lb Pline works great!!!!
    Seen this one at turner's, only one left. I have a 2 lb Pline I'll make a couple of leaders from them.

I use straight 3lb floro P line.... Its a perfect line!

Has anyone tried 3lb power pro with a 2lb floro leader,I heard you can cast a jig a mile.

Wish me luck and hope that we make limits. I'm bringing la familia with me.

Did 4 2lb test leaders with number 10 red hooks, got some red, silver lip ripperz, green and pink powerbait worms, trout dip. I know they say K.I.S.S. but Ill bring along some flies and spoons just to play with :).

Any last thoughts which spot we should fish out of, convenient for the kids but with a good chance of landing trout.

Thanks for all the help and feedback, will post trip reports when we come back.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast