Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: 10/21 Report

Default 10/21 Report

Started off third boat in line so thought it was gonna be a good day. Got on the water and raced to the inlet expecting the Stripers like the week prior but nothing. Not one fish jumping. Raced over to a few coves I have caught Striper in and both dams and nothing. Continued to look for boils and spotted one guy land a 3lb Striper in a cove with some shad but that was it. Nothing on the troll either. Got them last week on the troll between 15-35' but this time hardly metered any fish over 50'. It rained all day and was windy from the start.

At 12 we gave up and started fishing for LMB. Went to some birds and first cast with a hard jerkbait my pole got slammed. Almost came out of my hands. Landed a solid 4lb then forgot to check my line. Next cast the lure came off and landed somewhere on shore. Caught some shad and then every cast was a bass. Ended up with 15 or so LMB 3 solid ones over 3 the rest pounders. Also caught a large bluegill that almost went 2 lbs. Was able to lip it like a LMB. I'm also starting to get a little better at vertically jigging also. I noticed that when I vertically jig DVL if I don't get hit on the fifth or so pop then its time to move. Most are caught on the first cast within three pops or initial fall. Plan to loose lots of jigs this way as DVL is overun with sunken bushes that sometimes my lure retriever cant even get up.

Pics to follow but still on Dads camera.

I think the latest weather pattern has slowed them down a bit. When it's choppy water it's hard to pick them up. If you can score some live bait from the lake, that is the ticket. Good job none the less......pm sent.