Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Automatic hook setter?

Quote Originally Posted by Seņor.Chilax View Post
    I'll vouch for you, but there was that one time you made me cry... I don't want to talk about it. j/k
    lol man to funny

Default wow, I just posted a thread and now its a community

I apologize for blasting you all like that. Guess u all are fishermen. by the way i don't own them. If i did, i'd probably br a millionare already off this here post. showing you a picture of a new boat.
    though im actually a young fisherman i just turned 19. my dad made me love the sport.
    im apologise again if i offended anyone.

Let me explain my comments....

First off, you just register with 1 post and claim you found this new amazing Hook Setter, then you post how awesome it works a day later??? But no report or pics????
    Sounds a lot like Spam to me..
    I dont fish bait & wait and cant imagine some one being so lazy or bad at fishing as to need a hook setter after sitting and baiting down... But thats just me....

Then the comments about a SMB...
    I have fished the Wood since it filled up in the early 70's. (lived in San Bdno)..
    I now live a short distance (Hesperia) and fish it often, shore, Tube & bass Boats & have done more then a couple of hike ins at midnight till dawn etc etc...
    I have several friends (who I have fished with many times) who fish it a ton (some tourny anglers)..
    I Have never seen or heard of a SMB being caught (until I read that Ghost2u has done it)???....
    I will ask around though (Aaron, Scott, Kirk??? you reading this??).....
    But at this moment, I say BS!!!!
    BUT I could be wrong, wouldnt be the first time.

Then your fishing at the Dam, under a canopy?? Where on the dam can you do that??
    NO way a canopy could stand up against the Hurricane type winds at the dam either!!!
    I only know of 1 small spot Off/NEAR the dam to do that any way.....
    I also dont remember any rain etc during that time period???

Still water?? Its a lake, yes its still water... ???
    Lot of confusing & questionable statements in all your posts in IMHO...
    Im back to the pure SPAM postings...

All sounds like BS from a non angler pushing something they never even used & signing/registering just to advertise for free....

Shoot me a PM, Im a friendly old guy & I have some free time. lets go fish, I would love to see it work!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by Nessie Hunter; 10-22-2010 at 09:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jrg1991 View Post
    I bought myself three "quick-sets"... impulsive
    It's a device that sets the hook for you. I did this so i can jig and have a bait pole. Has anyone heard of this? If so, would it work for trout?

heres the website i got it from... http://www.quicksetfishing.com/
    Quote Originally Posted by jrg1991 View Post
    Just got back fishing and it works like awesome!!
    Ive never seen anthing like it! still water?? pshhh...!!! i was at silverwood and it was raining and chompy. we stayed under a canopy until i got somthin! landed a small size smallmouth off the dam. and my dad landed a damn big stripped bass too! sorry.. forgot camera...
    though it was the best! if i had any doubts this cleared them up! ima buy 60 of em!
    Dude your busted! I just realized these 2 post were exactly 4hrs 52mins apart. In your 1st post your wondering if it will work then 5 hours later you post that you just got back and it worked like God's gift to fisherman.

This truely is a very friendly site. If Nessie or myself are wrong can you really blame us? If im wrong ill stick my fist in my mouth for the day but.......

TaperSteve
    Last edited by TaperSteve; 10-22-2010 at 09:54 AM.

and you caught a SMB and a striper doing the bait and wait? What were you using as bait if you dont mind me asking? Maybe a NC? but even that'd be a stretch.

TS

Anyone got a link to a pic of a smallmouth being caught at the Wood? I'm with Nessie hardcore Wood addict more curious than making accusations, just never heard or seen a smallmouth at the Wood I fish it most days.

A little competition never hurt!

http://www.snaprco.com/index.html

I can't believe it took you guys 5 pages to figure it out!! New poster with a gimmick to push and has a southern way of speech on a CA based forum. Then BAM two fish of a lifetime from a lake like that when he just happened to be testing out the gimmick. I would love to seel all of you friends some ocean fron property in AZ hahahaha. All in good fun, but this was an obvious one......

By the way, I have a hook setter to buy if you want. TD....he can SLAM a trout :) He only works for beer and a sand wich, eh TD? :)

TS... nice catch on the time line

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345