Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Automatic hook setter?

Quote Originally Posted by Ifishtoolittle View Post
    Oh just take it easy on the guy. Although with the auto hookinh BS he leaves the impression that he may be a meat fisherman.
    im a meat fisherman i keep all trout and catfish i catch and also blue gill if there worth keeping

but i also have never targeted wild trout. and i never have caought a lmb even though i tryed a few times this summer but i woulnt keep a lmb anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Thisfool View Post
    im a meat fisherman i keep all trout and catfish i catch and also blue gill if there worth keeping
    Well personally I think keeping fish is no big deal, but I seriously look down on you if you keep your limits and the biggest fish you can get your hands on for every trip that you have. If you do that then you contribute to the destruction of a good fishery. Just think about no big fish means that there will be no more big fish to continue maintaining the health and size of the population in that particular body of water.

This will go great with my new instant fisherman. Thanks!

circle hooks do the job for me im addicted, even for bluegill and redears i use smallll circle hooks,,, gets em everytime, medium for carp, cats and other medium fish or small mouthed finned freinds, larger ones for big game.. like my a-hole neighbor... havent tried em for trout, might try it soon

Quote Originally Posted by Ifishtoolittle View Post
    Well personally I think keeping fish is no big deal, but I seriously look down on you if you keep your limits and the biggest fish you can get your hands on for every trip that you have. If you do that then you contribute to the destruction of a good fishery. Just think about no big fish means that there will be no more big fish to continue maintaining the health and size of the population in that particular body of water.
    yea but i also have only really put a good amount of time at pay lakes. and in some typs of fish ( such as striper) the only way to maintain a good health population is to take fish out and thin the numbers so that there isn’t so much competition for food that they dont starve them self and stunt there growth.

Default thought this was a friendly website??

why cares what the fish was! it worked! i thought this was website full of fishermen. i only posted that so u guys would know it worked. Im not a ******* fish expert. damn... thought this was a friendly website.

Quote Originally Posted by jrg1991 View Post
    thought this was a friendly website.
    This is a friendly site, just don't let a sarcastic comment or two leave a bad taste in your mouth. I'm guessing it was a largemouth that you caught. It really doesn't matter what you caught, the fact remains you caught something...wtg!

Welcome to the board and enjoy the hook setter...video is pretty cool.

TD

Hi JRG and welcome to the site. Most of us are friendly and have had to develop some thick skin since there has been
    an increase in the jerks on here since say..........July..........(RIP Fisherman57) Keep posting and wtg on your catches
    Look up the T57 members and you will be treated real well.......I like that hooksetter. Guessed before the vid played that
    it was filmed in midwest.......Less cynical fisherman there. Think I may try on of those hook setters for the cats, looks
    like fun for me.......thanks for the info and sorry a bunch of childish jerks didn't know how to welcome a new member.
    You won't find many smallmouths in calif though they do exist. Welcome.........OFG

Quote Originally Posted by Thisfool View Post
    yea but i also have only really put a good amount of time at pay lakes. and in some typs of fish ( such as striper) the only way to maintain a good health population is to take fish out and thin the numbers so that there isn’t so much competition for food that they dont starve them self and stunt there growth.
    Pay lakes and Stripers yeah for those guys keep all you can since the fish would either be restocked constantly or reproduce at a rapid fire rate. I don't know I've just seen some very prominent Panfish lakes go down the drain in the last 5 years.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast