Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Trout Plants

oh okay, thanks.

yea i would love to know when they stock agian there. TROUT!

Quote Originally Posted by TrouTracker View Post
    To Eric- DVL got stocked more then a few times last week. The stockings were primarily fingerling trout, not the typical catchable-size trout. They were stocked at the marina launch area and the proposed west launch ramp. It's news to me that they have ever stocked at the I/O tower. It's just not possible. It's good news that they are stocking now, great for the future......
    Barry A. Ogawa
    Barry, is "the proposed west launch ramp" on the south side of the lake?

The road just East of the I/O tower has been used for stocking before, because my brother and I came upon a huge fresh load of browns there a couple of years ago.

To IA- The proposed west launch ramp is just to the left of the west dam. It's the dirt area that hasn't been paved over yet. We've been bugging the DV Marina staff to rotate stockings from time to time to include the proposed launch ramp. That would balance the lake in terms of stocking and give the trout a decent chance to make it........
    Barry A. Ogawa

those fingerling trout are gone and digested by now

The trout will not survive in any lake with stripers especially if they're planting "fingerling" specimens. The only chance trout have of surviving the striper gauntlet would be to plant 4-5 lb, 25+ inch trout. Even then they would be tidbits for the 20-30 lb striper.

The DFG plants are called "put-and-take" for a reason. I'm a "holdover" trout guy but there's no chance for us to see anything like the past with a striper population as large in DVL, except a few largemouth and large catfish.

gobigal

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12