Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DVL tomorrow boat rental question

Default DVL tomorrow boat rental question

I have a reservation for tomorrow, 10/20/2010 I'm wondering what will happen if it's raining tomorrow, the marina is closed so I can't get ahold of anyone.

My second question is for those who fished dvl today, are the fish still boiling on Shad? I haven't been there in a couple weeks now and when I was it was fish busting on bait all over the place.

Thanks to those who respond for your help.

33 views and no replys? Someone has to have had a boat reservation rained on before. Please guys a little help. I got my buddys calling me and asking what's going to happen tomorrow.

the lake is still open

yeah i think the lake is still open but i think that if you dont show up you lose your $100 deposit regadless of the weather...thats all i know

A little rain is not going to close the marina. A couple of weeks ago we experienced monsoon type of downpour. We were thankful we were on a pontoon.

Last week the boils were not the same as a couple of weeks ago.

Tight lines.

Thanks guys, that's what I was telling my friends, we should be ok because we will be in a pontoon.

Thank you all.

I had the same situation last year and my buddy and I had a blast with swim baits! Try fishing the coves before the water tower with big spoons(kastmaster 1-2oz) let it sink almost to the bottom and retrieve at medium to fast paste. I did really will last Thursday for stripers but not to much luck with bucket mouth have a blast out there!

Thanks for the additional info, I read the trout thread, said they possibly stocked last week. Definitely going to throw the big swim baits out there.

Geeezzz,
    DON'T LET A LITTLE RAIN SCARE YOU, I have fished in downpours more than once. Sometimes the fish bite better in the rain.
    Have a Good Day

Quote Originally Posted by viperman100 View Post
    Thanks for the additional info, I read the trout thread, said they possibly stocked last week. Definitely going to throw the big swim baits out there.
    From the website 10/17 report:

"There was a DFG deluge of finglerling fodder as if the striper weren’t shad stuffed enough. DFG made several drops this week on both ends of the lake driving the striper into a heightened feeding frenzy. Swimbaits are great for after the plants."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast