Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 1st Legal bug... Ever!

I never get sick when im out on the lake but I know the big blue sea is a whole nother game! I get car sick very easily though.

TS

o yea man your going to have to look into somthing for that.

Quote Originally Posted by TaperSteve View Post
    Ohh man if only you knew how much worse it got after you left Chilax. I put my van in drive and start going and I hear/feel, thump, thump, thump. thump. I get out and look, sure enough one of the tires on my trailer came off the rim. It started raining. So there I was, sick as a dog, in the rain, taking my wheel off. I headed over to the nearest gas station to fix it. For the life of me I couldnt get the tire to seal. After 6 attempts (bugging the guy at the gas station to turn the air on for me) I decided it wasnt going to happen. Went back and took all the valuables off my boat and headed for home. I was still "chumming" the whole way home. Then I had to wake up 1st thing and go to the local tire shop to get the tire fixed then head back out to DP to get my boat. Geez......I still felt sick going this morning and most of today! Terrible......

All said and done I still had a blast. I want to go again ASAP but imma going to have to look into some sea sick remedies. Anyone have any advice?

TS
    NO F'ING WAY! DUDE! I feel so bad leaving you behind. I was just super hungry, I thought I was gonna pass out. Never again man. But what do you think about next Monday. Lets try Newport this time.

Nah I wanted to chill for awhile after you left and wait for the sickness to go away. Def no worries. You hanging round wouldnt have helped anyways and it was my prob to fix. Thanx for the thought though!

TS

I hear the ear patch works best but i think you need to go to the DR to get them.
    Quote Originally Posted by TaperSteve View Post
    Ohh man if only you knew how much worse it got after you left Chilax. I put my van in drive and start going and I hear/feel, thump, thump, thump. thump. I get out and look, sure enough one of the tires on my trailer came off the rim. It started raining. So there I was, sick as a dog, in the rain, taking my wheel off. I headed over to the nearest gas station to fix it. For the life of me I couldnt get the tire to seal. After 6 attempts (bugging the guy at the gas station to turn the air on for me) I decided it wasnt going to happen. Went back and took all the valuables off my boat and headed for home. I was still "chumming" the whole way home. Then I had to wake up 1st thing and go to the local tire shop to get the tire fixed then head back out to DP to get my boat. Geez......I still felt sick going this morning and most of today! Terrible......

All said and done I still had a blast. I want to go again ASAP but imma going to have to look into some sea sick remedies. Anyone have any advice?

TS

Nice catch bro! I need to get myself into hoopin too. My uncle just bought a boat, now lets see if hes willing to hoop it up!

Nice bug chilax,
    Now you need to get limits!!
    Thanks for the report and picture,
    Robert

Nice lobster. Take Bonine to prevent the sea sickness. My buddy and I used to lobster hoop on his boat back in the early 2000's and get alot of lobster, the funny thing though was we used to get these big leopard sharks in the nets that would just sit on the bait in the net..When we went to pull ,these nets were sometimes heavy! Along with those spider crabs. Everything would get put back except for our legal lobster catch. Okay, I am done reminiscing. Nice catch!

Congrats on your first one. Now the fever is really going to set in. Dana point can get very busy over the weekend, and its loaded with commercial traps. At least it was the case a few years ago.

sweet
    i was tottaly thrown off by the picture of the bug with the turtle.
    I was thinking I've had interesting things come up.. but dammmm haha

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast