Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 1st Legal bug... Ever!

Default 1st Legal bug... Ever!

Went out to Dana Point with TaperSteve for a little hoop session last night. Hoops were in the water by 7pm. A lot of short bugs. We pulled up well over 25 short bugs for a total of 1 legal. My first time hooping and actually pulling up lobster, what a great feeling. And when that legal came on board, it totally made my night!

I went out this morning to check on the lobster 'aka' Sebastian and I found my turtle 'aka' Chester the Molester hiding out from the rain so I threw the lobster next to him and took this picture with my cell phone.

sweet bro congrats on the first legal....what was the bait u were using.

Chicken, hot dogs, cat food and an old rockfish I had in the freezer. We were looking for some mackerel but we couldn't make any bait out there. We actually ran out of bait and called in early. The bugs were eating, we just didn't have enough to keep feeding them. But I had TaperSteve chumming the water... HAHAHA! I had to put you on blast Steve, by bad. HAHAHA!

nice job on the first legal many more shall come! tapersteve Get Er Done!!

nice job...............

Quote Originally Posted by Seņor.Chilax View Post
    Chicken, hot dogs, cat food and an old rockfish I had in the freezer. We were looking for some mackerel but we couldn't make any bait out there. We actually ran out of bait and called in early. The bugs were eating, we just didn't have enough to keep feeding them. But I had TaperSteve chumming the water... HAHAHA! I had to put you on blast Steve, by bad. HAHAHA!
    you had a chummer!!hahahaha,now that is some good bait.also that kinda chumm line should bring in the macs....lol.also congrats again

dude way to go chilax. and to bad for steve but mabey that was your good luck and he should do that every time you guys hit the water.

At first I thought you caught the turtle too. lol

Congrats on the legal bug.

Enjoy your dinner.

Ohh man if only you knew how much worse it got after you left Chilax. I put my van in drive and start going and I hear/feel, thump, thump, thump. thump. I get out and look, sure enough one of the tires on my trailer came off the rim. It started raining. So there I was, sick as a dog, in the rain, taking my wheel off. I headed over to the nearest gas station to fix it. For the life of me I couldnt get the tire to seal. After 6 attempts (bugging the guy at the gas station to turn the air on for me) I decided it wasnt going to happen. Went back and took all the valuables off my boat and headed for home. I was still "chumming" the whole way home. Then I had to wake up 1st thing and go to the local tire shop to get the tire fixed then head back out to DP to get my boat. Geez......I still felt sick going this morning and most of today! Terrible......

All said and done I still had a blast. I want to go again ASAP but imma going to have to look into some sea sick remedies. Anyone have any advice?

TS
    Last edited by TaperSteve; 10-19-2010 at 04:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TaperSteve View Post
    Ohh man if only you knew how much worse it got after you left Chilax. I put my van in drive and start going and I hear/feel, thump, thump, thump. thump. I get out and look, sure enough one of the tires on my trailer came off the rim. It started raining. So there I was, sick as a dog, in the rain, taking my wheel off. I headed over to the nearest gas station to fix it. For the life of me I couldnt get the tire to seal. After 6 attempts (bugging the guy at the gas station to turn the gas on for me) I decided it wasnt going to happen. Went back and took all the valuables off my boat and headed for home. I was still "chumming" the whole way home. Geez......even most of today ive still been feeling it!

All said and done I still had a blast. I want to go again ASAP but imma going to have to look into some sea sick remedies. Anyone have any advice?

TS
    damn that sucks sorry to hear that steve. when i was younger i would take these pils called dramomena or somthing like that i think. but any way i never got sick even when the watter was verey coppy

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast