Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Another GOOOD slayday; kewly with Donny and Glenn

Default Another GOOOD slayday; kewly with Donny and Glenn

Went out with some good friends... Donny Spencer and Glenn...

Donny for those who dont know is one of FNN's Pro Guides for many LMB lakes and more...We've been friends throughout the years of local Irvine lake, and gave me a call a few times the past week when i was fishing... he asked me to board up with him and his buddy Glenn and i siid NO problem!

This day we shared some of "our" dvl fishing techniques, and nobody elses...the time he said i put on the water was enough recognition from him for me. Just what fishing should be...fun with friends, and SLAYIN' and doing your thing!

Well the boys were there bright and early- and i got there a few hours afterwards lol...

To put a long story short, learned some pointers from Donny, and i'm sure he learned some things from me at DVL/Striper...

Thanks for having me on board Glenn, and thanks Donny for the invite and slay session! Ran into hommie stephen, you slayer! ahahahah...cya out there soonR, also saw CP with a NICE slab as well!

WELL, here are the photos from the day...

donny on bendo

donny's 8.12 lbr

down the gullet of a striper...

and a schoolie shot lol

ps Glenn, sorry about that front bumper- whomever hit your ride is gona pay! lolz-

see y'all on the water!

TIL NEXTIME
    FISH ON!
    kewly

Default there you go again...

Good thing there are enough stripers for everyone - you're killing them! It ain't braggin' if you back it up with pics! Nicely done.

Quote Originally Posted by ddoskocil View Post
    Good thing there are enough stripers for everyone - you're killing them! It ain't braggin' if you back it up with pics! Nicely done.
    Thank you, just trying to make some "waves" and showing what i've said is still true, just backing it with photos. Putting the time and testing things is what fishings all about! Sometimes it pays well, and sometimes its fishing

------------------

Was just trying to download this video i took of one of the stripers Donny caught, but i deleted on accident-

ps donny, you can't use any of our tackle anymore! lolz slayer.

Kewly,

Your are the DVL master and you always do a great job.
    You are starting to remind me of a younger version of Bob.
    I saw you out there as I was launching my boat.
    You got that cool little truck that looks like it could climb dirt and hills like a Billy goat.
    As for the stripers I struck out.
    The fish avoided me like I had gout.
    At one point I was one of the 20 boats back by the I/O tower.
    I gave it an hour, but went home a wee bit sour.
    The fish were boiling all over.
    I casted my lure like a bone. It always works on my dog Rover.
    Anyway, great pics and job on the lake.
    Theirs still plaenty of Stripers left on the take.

How many people were following you around the lake this time? ha ha

congrats on the feeshies boys........way ta go !

P.S.
    What happened to the irvine lake shirt ?

ha ha ha ha

Quote Originally Posted by HuskerRod View Post
    Kewly,

Your are the DVL master and you always do a great job.
    You are starting to remind me of a younger version of Bob.
    I saw you out there as I was launching my boat.
    You got that cool little truck that looks like it could climb dirt and hills like a Billy goat.
    As for the stripers I struck out.
    The fish avoided me like I had gout.
    At one point I was one of the 20 boats back by the I/O tower.
    I gave it an hour, but went home a wee bit sour.
    The fish were boiling all over.
    I casted my lure like a bone. It always works on my dog Rover.
    Anyway, great pics and job on the lake.
    Theirs still plaenty of Stripers left on the take.

lol, i dig dvl, irvine and the sierras..what else is there not to like...Bob has grown up many years before me and enjoyed all that gold for so long... he's blessed to fish out there in the sierras where prime trout are...and all the other stripey lakes...i just dig this one, for stripers. nextime come by and say hello- just because i'm in the "billy goat" doesnt mean i wont say hello! That nice lil goat has gotten me places where i wouldnt have dreamnt before..allmy jeep buddies know so do the others it was a tough day out there, alot of traffic for sure, but keep at it til close..you will get em hsker!
    Quote Originally Posted by Criss View Post
    How many people were following you around the lake this time? ha ha
    hey Criss, honestly we had 3-5 at first, 1 was a friend...the other 2-4 just kept following or trying to look away...until i did some maneuvers...we were also watched from Binoc's (reminds me of old dvl days) ahahahah... i finally pulled out donnys and my 5lb schoolie to wave hello...they dude put down his binocs and turned away....for those of you who read this/see this goin on... stop yer boat/motors about 20-50' from all the other boats, and 20-50' from the boils..you'll see that boils will stay up much longer. we did this with some other bass anglers and had some nice ones stay around for 3-5minutes...was a ssite to see...also, saw this dude in a bad aSH bass boat slam into the boil at mach speed...then get up and start throwin his lures...looking around. ya either scare em or make em stay.
    Quote Originally Posted by gletemfeelsteelgary View Post
    congrats on the feeshies boys........way ta go !

P.S.
    What happened to the irvine lake shirt ?

ha ha ha ha
    hey donny slays...he just doesnt slay to well behind the computer! lol... i had my Irvine lake hat on for a minute til it fellin the dink..if i wore it i would've looked like the "swamp thing" from the algae rt now-

All,
    Nice weekday slay on the DV.

Hes nothing like me,,,,,looks like you fished with okiplug,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Nice report and a great day for you. I'm hoping to hit it friday with the same results (yeah, like that'll happen :( )

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast