Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Back for more striper 10/15

Default Back for more striper 10/15

My son (desertfishen3) and I returned for another shot at the striper after his DD on Tuesday. Got there 6:30 parked at first stop sign (line a little long). On the water about 7:30 FOGGY thats good. Started top water for some bass.could only find 1-1.5 lbs that wanted to play. Off to the West Dam to look for striper boils. Did'nt take long. Large boils but no takers. About 9:30 found the willing group.My first was 8.2 lbs I picked up 1more after missing 3 or 4 (I'm on a learning curve for top water) I guess my son is too he missed 3 or 4 also. We chased boils until about noon ( picked up 2 more and missed at least that ) then the sun came out. Started throwing krockodiles my son picked up a 5 and I picked up 1 more and a 3.5 lb lmb. Another great day with my son.

Nice catch Desertfishen....good job on the striper. I was out also yesterday and got 0 striper. Good lmb fishing thought.

We tried for the lm between the striper but only small. Used top water and jerk baits.

Nicely done!

TD

Nicely done guys!

Quote Originally Posted by Desertfishen2 View Post
    We tried for the lm between the striper but only small. Used top water and jerk baits.
    Got all my lmb on fluke, kastmaster and Z-Plug trooling deep. Still can't believe I did not hook into striper today....