Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: How much shoreline access is there at DVL?

1. Default How much shoreline access is there at DVL?

Quick question-the DvMarina.com website states that there is about 5.5 miles of shoreline for fishing at Diamond Valley. However, a few other websites state that it's only 1.5 miles of shoreline. Which is correct? Here's exactly what dvmarina.com says:

Can I fish from the shore?

Shore fishing is allowed in designated areas only. There are approximately 5 ½ miles of shoreline accessible. The area is ¼ mile from the parking lot and is a moderate to difficult hike on an unpaved fire road.
    I've never fished DV before, but I'll be there Sunday. Any tips for fishing from the shore for bass is super appreciated!

Do not know how far you can fish, but you have to walk it, up hills thru bushes to get there, 1.5 miles is a max carring fishing gear

3. Default

Thanks, Sodapop.

The DVMarina website could use an update-I just ran into another page on it that states:
    "approximately 2.5 miles of shore fishing area is available at Diamond Valley Lake; a great place to spend the day catching many different species."
    (link)

it's way easier to boat the lake. wednesday being best since it's the cheapest if you have to rent boat. watch for snakes if your shore fishing

I would check out the area just to the west of the launch ramp. Saw some nice fish come out of there on Wednesday.

Originally there was 1.5 Mi of shore to the WEST of marina open to shore fishing...
    When the water drop made fishing very tough and every one was mad as hell...
    They then opened up shore to the EAST and over the Dam to South shore..
    I would guess its closer to 5.5 then 2.5????
    Have no clue how many Miles of shore that adds up to, but its one hell of a hike.
    Some have brought Bicycles to help out..
    Other just do the DVL Dash!!!! LOL

The water is up now. The right side of the ramp where I used to fish now full of the water not many access. You can fish there but you need to hike. The left side of the ramp, the rock area you can fish there but hard to walk with big rock and rough terrain. Eary morning is good when they boil around shore line both right and left.

I went shore fishing with a few of my buddies on friday till about 11:00. Ended up catching a 3 pound LMB, and about a 1 pounder. We fished to the left of the boat docks if you were walking down there. We did eventually get kicked out of that spot by the sheriff. Guess you cant fish on the big rocks. The cost to fish were $5 to fish the shore and $7 to park.

9. Default

Thanks everyone. I'll let you know how it goes!