Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: DVL on 10/14

Default DVL on 10/14

Pretty much the same report as what everyone else has posted. The weather started to get stormy first thing but settled in a couple hours. I choose my kayak over my boat because I thought it would be more stealth sliding in on the boils. I did good the first hour in the morning with eight cookie cutter sized stripers (2-4lbs). I kept one that got deep hooked for the dinner table. They continued to boil but shut down on anything I threw at them. I got a few LMB and what I thought was a SML but came unbuttoned while trying to lip it for a photo ID. I also got my pb crappy. It fought harder than the striper. The water was like green egg drop soup everywhere I went.

Thanks SEA ADDITION for saving me a crap load of paddling.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	striper.jpg 
Views:	172 
Size:	43.6 KB 
ID:	26263   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	crappy.jpg 
Views:	169 
Size:	39.9 KB 
ID:	26264   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wuckwater.jpg 
Views:	167 
Size:	34.3 KB 
ID:	26265  

I was there on Sat 10-9 (first time as DVL) looking for stripers and crappies but only caught a couple of LMB. Will have to spend more time searching for it next time. Thanks for sharing.

To Kareem- Good job out there fighting the elements. The Jewel definitely can be a challenge when it's a bit stormy and the lake is turning over. When the lake clears up a bit, I think the fishing will be even better. Keep changing up your lure presentations until you find the one's the work. With the water the way it is, you may want to use lures that have a prism or holographic pattern.
    Barry A. Ogawa

Thank you Barry.

Nice meeting you on the water, Weather really came up later in the day but so did the stripers... WFO on the schoolies

you can kayak there??? no way

Hey karem, good job out there while paddlin'...keep at it, you'll get hooked on a striper toad that'll tow you back to anywhere on the water lol, and ya won't need a tow-in from SA-jk... nice job helpin out fellow fisherman!

Quote Originally Posted by kewlwhip View Post
    Hey karem, good job out there while paddlin'...keep at it, you'll get hooked on a striper toad that'll tow you back to anywhere on the water lol, and ya won't need a tow-in from SA-jk... nice job helpin out fellow fisherman!
    Nobody towed me in. My shoutout to SA was for some info steering me in the right area. Although, I've been on the west end when the wind kicked up before and wishing for a tow. I'd paddle twenty yards, rest and get pushed back fifteen.

ah, cool!
    well, props for paddling at DVL-it can get like an 'ocean' out there for sure...and that DD you'll be get
    ting will give you a tow-in at no fee!

True dat. Hope to get one like your holding. :)