Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Dvl 10-8, 10-9, & 10-11

Default Dvl 10-8, 10-9, & 10-11

Okay Kewly here is my report from the weekend.

It was a great weekend to boot to. On Friday, I went out with my bro and 3 year old son. We went to the inlet at 8:30am (Decided to go later since previous trips the boils started later in the morning.) So we fished that little cove for several LMB on topwater and chasing them around that cove. Then after things started to slow down we go in front of the tower and started to fish there. Must have seen the school of stripers come up every 45 minutes chasing the shad like tuna chasing macs. That was an awesome scene. Then the fish started boiling against the tower wall and My bro takes out his salmon pole and starts hucking the topwater bait on them. He had 5 or 6 explosions with 3 hookups. He farmed two and landed about a 3 1/2 pound largemouth. My son then hooks up a schoolie around 2 pounds Ifigure. An hour later My bro catches a smallmouth around a pound. Things died down around 1:30 or 2:00ish, but the school of stripers were still coming up every so often and go back down after 30 seconds. So we decided to go cruise around the lake looking for more boilers. We ended the day at 5:30pm and chatted with some guy in a white champion boat. He said he nailed the stripes in the afternoon and was kind of enought to give us one of his stripers weighing 8 1/2 pounds. We ended the day with 1 schoolie and released 1 smallmouth and 20 or so largemouth with the biggest at 4 1/2 pounds.

Day 2 (Saturday). This has to be the best day of the weekend. Got on the lake around 7:00ish and immediately cruise toward the east dam. My youngest bro was in a red Lowe bass boat calls us and tells us to come where he is because the stripers where nuts. So we get there in 5 minutes and go around 3 or 4 boats to give them their space. I started throwing a Kenstick and bro was throwing anothe walking bait. He gets nailed first and lands on striper aroung 5 pounds. I get in the action and get nailed a few minutes later and land one around 2 pounds. I make another cast and got totally blown up on and fought this fish for 5 minutes or son and land it with line breaking as the fishes head goes into the net. This was my PB striper weighing in at 9 pounds. We then repositioned the boat deeper into the cove away from everyone else and waited fro the school to make its way towards us, which it did. I make a cast on them and land another striper around 6 pounds. A few minutes later they were gone. Best striper fishing for us at the Jewel. We cruised around the lake for the rest of the day looking for boilers and catching a few LMB. I had a B-day party to go to so off the lake at 3:30 and ended the day with 4 stripers and 10 or so LMB.

Colombus Day. This day was really slow for us. We went in search of the stripers in the area where there were on Saturday but unable to find them. So we cruise the lake for boilers with not much going on. Then in the afternoon to break the boredom, my friend and on went on a dinkfest catching 3 - 10 inch LMB on hard jerkbaits. I must have caught 20 or so dinks with only 4 or so keepers. My friend caught probably twice as many with no keepers. He also caught 6 or so bluegills on the jerkbaits which to me was weird. All the fish on this day was released.

Will post some pics later tonight.

Baits used:
    Kenstick topwater bait
    Zara Spook Jr.
    Fluke Jr.
    TD minnow
    Storm shad swimbait

Default 3 days in a row - sweet

That's really nice you could go 3 in a row. Try something defferent each day - or the same if it worked. I was there Sunday - like you, heard it was better Saturday. Let's hope this bite keeps up!

We are definitely addicted to the lake!!!!Still learning

Pics added
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	downsized_1008001625[1].jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	42.7 KB 
ID:	26122   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	downsized_1011000817[1].jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	31.1 KB 
ID:	26121   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	downsized_1009000806[1].jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	25.4 KB 
ID:	26120   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	downsized_1009000925[1].jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	35.9 KB 
ID:	26119   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	downsized_1008001344[1].jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	30.8 KB 
ID:	26118  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	downsized_1008001458b[1].jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	36.9 KB 
ID:	26117   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	downsized_1008001525[1].jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	39.7 KB 
ID:	26116