Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: First stripers at DVL!!!

Default First stripers at DVL!!!

Hit the lake Sunday morning. Dad couldn't go, so took my Mom and little boy. Tough for me to do everything, but we had some success. Tried the topwater thing until boils started to dwindle around 9, no love on the spook, underspin, or krocodile. Went to the kastmaster and small white swimbait. Landed 2 stripers (our first!), both 2 1/2 pounds, jigging the bottom. (Enough to get me excited for the bigger boys!) Saw 3 huge blowups of big stripers outside restroom 3 in 120' of water. Got to the third one just before they took off. They actually scattered and went under my boat before they disappeared. I saw at least 20 stripers, 5-10 pound class. Since I was driving the boat, couldn't even get a cast off. Exciting none the less. I'm still haveing trouble getting the boiling fish to bite, had most of my success the last 4 times on the bottom. (Thanks for those who helped me out with the PMs.) Be back soon. D

Congrats on those stripeys man it is addicting. Great report and good luck next time. Every time I get on a boil I get to excited and seam to only get a couple of shots at them before there gone so I can't help you to much there but way to go out there with family.