Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Castaic Lagoon Night Fishing 10-8. A Learning Experience...Skunked AND a $60 Ticket!

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Lopez View Post
    Yea but it was measured, and the lightest wright was 19.4 for a fish of that size. Hence why it is a unofficial lake record.
    You do know I'm busting your chops right?

The ticket is not worth the fight in my honest opinion. You have to park in the upper lot for the 24 hour fishing. She did tell you that and i'm guessing she thought you were gonna turn around and go up the upper lot. Either way it is up to the person to know the rules and regs for the lake. They have them posted online and the cops drive through and announce to people they need to move their cars.

FYI the fishing pier is not the place to fish on the lagoon. You can catch fish there but it is slim pickings.

Your best bet for catching fish on that lake you need to move to the north and fish the shoreline. Not sure if you are a meat angler or a C&R angler. If you are not about keeping Large mouth bass i can throw you some great advise, but i don't give out info to people that want to keep the LMB.

I know the lagoon like the back of my hand, and have caught thousands of bass from that lake in the last 4 years. Including the unofficial lake record bass at 19.4 lbs.

Best bet on catching bass on this lake would be to use the drop shot method with plastic worms. Learn this and you will own on the lagoon.

Ray Lo (your local goonie)
    I agree with just about everything Ray said as far as fishing advice, plus the advice not to fight the ticket. The attendant at the booth told you specifically to park in the other lot. You even said so yourself: "Ronnie told me to park in the other parking lot, above her parking lot for the free parking area." You will lose if you try and fight the ticket.
    Last edited by Fire Ball; 10-11-2010 at 07:36 PM.

Yea but it was measured, and the lightest wright was 19.4 for a fish of that size. Hence why it is a unofficial lake record.
    lol u have no unoffical lake record, the only name i see in the books is the name Butch Brown not you

I know the lagoon like the back of my hand, and have caught thousands of bass from that lake in the last 4 years. Including the unofficial lake record bass at 19.4 lbs.
    Awww man, I really don’t want to sound like I’m busting your chops but to make a statement like that you’ll at least need to possess a decent photo of the catch with your body in it for scale w/o the arm at full extension.

Not saying that whatever catch your reffering to wasn’t a hawg of sorts, I’m sure it was but self proclaiming an unofficial lake record is a stretch, sorry man, I know you’ll hate me for saying that but that’s the case, you should back that statement up with some photo proof at minimum, let alone weigh the fish, those length to weight ratios are not as accurate as the general public boasts anyways especially given the unnatural dimensions of the lagoon bass, let alone I am getting the impression you didn’t measure it either.

Sorry man, I’m not trying to hate on you at all OR to take an ounce of your victory over that fish in any realm, but saying it’s the lake record without any real solid backup is hard ta process.

Awww man…..come on Ray….a camera with a timer is all it takes and a scale if your worried about weights or records..

Michellebedore:
    As for getting the ticket, sorry that happened, the 24 hr parking lot is where to park and then hike...travel light and use a fanny pack as Cutbait said....

but know the lagoon is tuff right now till the water temps cool, you'll do better with more oxygen in the water at a cooler water temperature if your just learning.

good luck and don't give up
    Last edited by gletemfeelsteelgary; 10-13-2010 at 11:31 AM.

LMFBAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOO!!!
    Well I guess thats it for butch brown...lmaooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Do not fight the ticket.You will lose,and have to pay double at the end.Just pay it,plead no content and get it over with.
    California DFG reads this board and you have already lost now.
    Im sure they copied this thread....

What?? DFG reads these forums?? You gotta be kiddin.
    Then I guess they've already read about a page ago that I decided to pay it, and not contest it or make a fuss.

Quote Originally Posted by Btbdodgers View Post
    lol u have no unoffical lake record, the only name i see in the books is the name Butch Brown not you
    hence why i say unofficial.

Quote Originally Posted by gletemfeelsteelgary View Post
    Awww man, I really don’t want to sound like I’m busting your chops but to make a statement like that you’ll at least need to possess a decent photo of the catch with your body in it for scale w/o the arm at full extension.

Not saying that whatever catch your reffering to wasn’t a hawg of sorts, I’m sure it was but self proclaiming an unofficial lake record is a stretch, sorry man, I know you’ll hate me for saying that but that’s the case, you should back that statement up with some photo proof at minimum, let alone weigh the fish, those length to weight ratios are not as accurate as the general public boasts anyways especially given the unnatural dimensions of the lagoon bass, let alone I am getting the impression you didn’t measure it either.

Sorry man, I’m not trying to hate on you at all OR to take an ounce of your victory over that fish in any realm, but saying it’s the lake record without any real solid backup is hard ta process.

Awww man…..come on Ray….a camera with a timer is all it takes and a scale if your worried about weights or records..

No i did not weight it, but it was measured at 30" long and i have a pic with my arm fully back behind me not in front of me because that was the only way i could get most of the fish in the picture. I also have a pic of the fish with my foot in it to prove size. Believe me or not i could care less. But i stick to what i said, i checked multiple websites for size to weight ratio, and went with the smallest weight i found. Just so i did not look like i was over sizing the fish.

for those have not met me i'm 6'4 230lbs, with the head the size of a watermelon with size 14 foot

here is a size comparison of a 5 foot leo that i caught:

here is a 12.6 that was weighed out on my digi being held the same way as my 19.4

here are the pics of the fish in question

fyi my shoe is 14" long

So think what you will, tell me I'm lying and just trying to puff my ego. I don't really care. I know what i caught and i have yet to lie about anything i have caught. All that matters to me is that i caught these fish and i'm proud of it and they will be in my memory till the day i die or get dementia. Also fyi the WON paper this was posted in showed another guy who claimed he caught a 17 pounder that same week and everyone said mine was much bigger, that was the reason i decided to look into the size to weight ratio guides and boy was i surprised when most were saying it could be from 19.4 to 21+ pounds.

Nice fish bro regardless of whether it is official or unofficial. All I know is that you put your time in at Castaic and got rewarded for your efforts. Regardless of the weight, she is a beauty and you should feel damn proud you caught her and even prouder you let her go to get even bigger. I am sure many would have kept her to eat or mount on a wall. I am not into all the hating and politics. I am here to learn from others and share what I know. I enjoy fishing. I am sure others are here for the same reason. I know some of the people here and I respect them. I have fished with them and learned from them as well. I would like to think we are all friends here sharing what we know and at the same time learning from each other. I am happy for you bro! A very nice fish indeed! Let's not forget why we fish people. It's for the love of it. Now go catch more big ones.

Quote Originally Posted by radray View Post
    Nice fish bro regardless of whether it is official or unofficial. All I know is that you put your time in at Castaic and got rewarded for your efforts. Regardless of the weight, she is a beauty and you should feel damn proud you caught her and even prouder you let her go to get even bigger. I am sure many would have kept her to eat or mount on a wall. I am not into all the hating and politics. I am here to learn from others and share what I know. I enjoy fishing. I am sure others are here for the same reason. I know some of the people here and I respect them. I have fished with them and learned from them as well. I would like to think we are all friends here sharing what we know and at the same time learning from each other. I am happy for you bro! A very nice fish indeed! Let's not forget why we fish people. It's for the love of it. Now go catch more big ones.
    That's what this site is all about my friend. It's was a awesome moment when she swam away and you could see the hump back bass going back to live another day and get even bigger. Knowing this fish is still around when i caught her in december of 08' makes me giddy because that means she has got to be a record contender by now.

Ray: awesome fish bro....a beauty no matter what anyone says!!!

Those big guns like that one may just be getting smaller now since no more trout stocking. Shads, gils, and craws probably wont get them that huge anymore. The LMB there reminds me more of Lake Fork & Falcon type bass now since they feed primarily on shad only. We all will have to see come winter/late winter/prespawn.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast