Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Castaic Lagoon Night Fishing 10-8. A Learning Experience...Skunked AND a $60 Ticket!

thnx for the report ,, you'll get'm
    next time...........

cm

Nice report, but lots of reading tho. Sucks for the ticket. Hope you will get a fish from the pier next time.

Quote Originally Posted by trail blazer View Post
    Fantastic post!!!!

Sucks abought the ticket,,,,BUT,,

You definately got what it takes to get r done,,,,,IM IMPRESSED!

Hope myself and Cutbait< the bako boys,lol,, get to meet and fish with you sometimes down there,,IT WOULD BE AN HONOR!.

CASTAIC lake is one of the best places to learn the finer arts of fishing,,,,

again WTG

TRAIL BLAZER
    Golly!! Thank you, man! I think we should go fishing.

The ticket is not worth the fight in my honest opinion. You have to park in the upper lot for the 24 hour fishing. She did tell you that and i'm guessing she thought you were gonna turn around and go up the upper lot. Either way it is up to the person to know the rules and regs for the lake. They have them posted online and the cops drive through and announce to people they need to move their cars.

FYI the fishing pier is not the place to fish on the lagoon. You can catch fish there but it is slim pickings.

Your best bet for catching fish on that lake you need to move to the north and fish the shoreline. Not sure if you are a meat angler or a C&R angler. If you are not about keeping Large mouth bass i can throw you some great advise, but i don't give out info to people that want to keep the LMB.

I know the lagoon like the back of my hand, and have caught thousands of bass from that lake in the last 4 years. Including the unofficial lake record bass at 19.4 lbs.

Best bet on catching bass on this lake would be to use the drop shot method with plastic worms. Learn this and you will own on the lagoon.

Ray Lo (your local goonie)
    Last edited by Ray Lopez; 10-11-2010 at 08:59 AM.

hey sux about the ticket. i'm from wi and visit cali a bit for bass fishing.... came there and learned the lagoon pretty quick. i was too warned by a disrespectful lifeguard that b1tched and was about to ticket me about getting off the water before the issued time limit. even the sheriff came by and both of them contemplated to issue a citation, but I told them it was my 1st outing there and i'm from wi...so they decided to let me go free of citation. i know it's my responsibility to learn the rules, but was so in rush to fish.....hehe!!! but this particular LG had something in his ahole...crying and b1tchn w/o any respect. anyhoe, last 2 outings there have been successful, but please practice catch and release. very important to sustain the bass population there. lots of tips we can share to get on them, but like ray said it's cool to share only if it's C&R.

good luck on your next outing.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	beeVAC1_08172010042920.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	24.1 KB 
ID:	26046

Great post.. sucks bout the tiicket. But we all live and learn. Dump all unnecessary gear and get a f@g bag (fanny pack) like feel the steel wears. Careful bout raylo too, he's a bass nazi!. I just let catfish live until its time to filet em, I filet em up alive and they will still live for along time. But I reallyy don't ever catfish. Like trailblazer said, hope to fish with ya one day. I would imagine the next striper fest but it seems that the bako boyz victory in the last one has the" striper fest" planners scared for another bako beat down

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Lopez View Post
    The ticket is not worth the fight in my honest opinion. You have to park in the upper lot for the 24 hour fishing. She did tell you that and i'm guessing she thought you were gonna turn around and go up the upper lot. Either way it is up to the person to know the rules and regs for the lake. They have them posted online and the cops drive through and announce to people they need to move their cars.

Actually, Ronnie (the booth attendant) was telling me how to get to the lagoon night parking area, but after we chatted for over 10 minutes (waiting for it to be AFTER 5:30 pm for the free parking!!!) she said to just go on up to the area from her booth, waving me through her toll booth and through her parking lot, but not to tell anyone, since she'd only been there 3wks, etc." I wish she hadn't waved me through, because it would have been very simple for me to turn around and drive less than a minute to get to the correct parking lot. Since she waved me through her booth and said to "park up there all the way", I trusted that she directed me correctly. I went as far up as I could, parkiing next to the building there and a sign that said "No Vehicle Entry"...If I had been told I had to drive past that sign, and onto a narrow gravel access road, I would have--and not gotten a ticket. However, after brooding awhile about it, I'm thinking of just paying the ticket because if I dispute it, Ronnie, (the new toll booth lady) could lose her job or be reprimanded in some way) and would be pretty dang uncool. I'm more gracious than that, fer cryin' out loud.

FYI the fishing pier is not the place to fish on the lagoon. You can catch fish there but it is slim pickings.

Your best bet for catching fish on that lake you need to move to the north and fish the shoreline. Not sure if you are a meat angler or a C&R angler. If you are not about keeping Large mouth bass i can throw you some great advise, but i don't give out info to people that want to keep the LMB.

I know the lagoon like the back of my hand, and have caught thousands of bass from that lake in the last 4 years. Including the unofficial lake record bass at 19.4 lbs.

Best bet on catching bass on this lake would be to use the drop shot method with plastic worms. Learn this and you will own on the lagoon.

Just so you know, I admitted to eating those two bass last month....I was new to fishing and didnt know much about catch and release and the reasons why. Since that 1st time fishing (and catching those bass) I have read up about the topic of catch and release. Initially, I wondered why fish if you aren't going to eat what you catch, but of course, if a person has an open mind and, the concept of fishing simply for the SPORT of it alone is very satisfying by itself.
    I think a lot of these fish are probably quite smart, esp. the older fish who have been C&R a few times become harder to trick into biting, thus making fishing success more and more challenging! I will say I am very interested in catching the *right* fish for eating, meaning size and species, such as panfish and striper. I havent cooked the catfish yet that I was given the other night, so I don't know if I'll even like eating catfish. But I want to fish for them anyway because they are fun to bring in, even if I dislike their meat. Since catching ANY fish is exhilarating, that is reward enough to make me willing to C & R any LMB I might catch. Those 2 I did catch were so thrilling to reel in! I am a forthright honest person with a good sense of right and wrong. I will release any LMB I catch from now, I promise! Now, tell me you secrets! hehe. Ray, if you ever wanna meet to fish sometime, I'm game. I'll bring nummies.
    Last edited by MichelleBedore; 10-11-2010 at 01:48 PM. Reason: typos

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Lopez View Post

Lake record???? Bwahahaha. You didn't even weigh it!

Quote Originally Posted by cutbait View Post

Lake record???? Bwahahaha. You didn't even weigh it!
    Yea but it was measured, and the lightest wright was 19.4 for a fish of that size. Hence why it is a unofficial lake record.

Quote Originally Posted by MichelleBedore View Post
    Just so you know, I admitted to eating those two bass last month....I was new to fishing and didnt know much about catch and release and the reasons why. Since that 1st time fishing (and catching those bass) I have read up about the topic of catch and release. Initially, I wondered why fish if you aren't going to eat what you catch, but of course, if a person has an open mind and, the concept of fishing simply for the SPORT of it alone is very satisfying by itself.
    I think a lot of these fish are probably quite smart, esp. the older fish who have been C&R a few times become harder to trick into biting, thus making fishing success more and more challenging! I will say I am very interested in catching the *right* fish for eating, meaning size and species, such as panfish and striper. I havent cooked the catfish yet that I was given the other night, so I don't know if I'll even like eating catfish. But I want to fish for them anyway because they are fun to bring in, even if I dislike their meat. Since catching ANY fish is exhilarating, that is reward enough to make me willing to C & R any LMB I might catch. Those 2 I did catch were so thrilling to reel in! I am a forthright honest person with a good sense of right and wrong. I will release any LMB I catch from now, I promise! Now, tell me you secrets! hehe. Ray, if you ever wanna meet to fish sometime, I'm game. I'll bring nummies.
    Regardless of what the bass Nazi's would have you believe it is healthy for the fishery to take some of the bass you catch legally. Should you do it every time? Maybe not, but you can legally. Having eaten a few myself I will tell you that catfish, crappie and striper are all better tasting than LMB. The regulations for the lagoon is 5 bass over 12" for the upper lake it's 2 bass over 18" The regulations are set by the DFG according to their surveys of the lake. If the bass population couldn't support that, the regulations would be different.

Try cutting the catfish into 3-4" pieces then dip them in flour and fry them in butter or margerine until golden brown adding salt and pepper to taste. Cook it similar to making fried chicken.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast