Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Boils upon boils.Best day had in a while. Thursday 10/7/10

Default Boils upon boils.Best day had in a while. Thursday 10/7/10

Headed out this morning with my pops, saw a guy catch a nice striper in the marina, possibly dd. So fished topwater for a while and nothing. Worked topwater on the ski area for a while, saw some boils but they didnt want the topwater. So instead of wasting time we went to the west ramp to net shad. While my pops was netting I decides to throw my sammy at the largies I saw boiling but they were not interested, so I threw a fluke. Fish on! 1 LMG. But pops wanted to go across the way to work the coves near kong island. There were boils everywhere. Pops worked shad but no bites. So i figured what the hell and threw the fluke at them. It was slaying time after that. They were killing all the shad in sight, and trying to kill our flukes. Pops hooked up 9, and I got 17. So that was 27 fish for the day. not bad, all schoolies but alot of fun. Even though my 16th striper broke the tip off 1 of my rods!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SSPX0256.jpg 
Views:	161 
Size:	38.6 KB 
ID:	25941   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SSPX0251.jpg 
Views:	141 
Size:	39.5 KB 
ID:	25942   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SSPX0250.jpg 
Views:	123 
Size:	40.5 KB 
ID:	25943   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SSPX0257.jpg 
Views:	135 
Size:	31.0 KB 
ID:	25944   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SSPX0260.jpg 
Views:	130 
Size:	39.5 KB 
ID:	25945  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SSPX0258.jpg 
Views:	118 
Size:	52.0 KB 
ID:	25946   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SSPX0255.jpg 
Views:	119 
Size:	39.8 KB 
ID:	25947   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SSPX0253.jpg 
Views:	122 
Size:	26.7 KB 
ID:	25948  

Way to put the hurt on them stripers, looks like a fun day :)

haha this is crazy , i was the guy on the basstracker by u guys in oak canyon, and definitly was an awesome day, i totaled at 21 and lost 12, GOOD STUFF!

{ Even though my 16th striper broke the tip off 1 of my rods! }

Nice job guys, Next time stop reeling when the fish gets close to the tip of the rod....

Very nice!!! Hope u have many more days like this. Thanks for adding pics as well. I know its hard to break out the camera when the bite is on. Was the guy u saw at the marina on a rental? If he was then it weighed in at 11.4.

Quote Originally Posted by SDDave View Post
    { Even though my 16th striper broke the tip off 1 of my rods! }

Nice job guys, Next time stop reeling when the fish gets close to the tip of the rod....
    Yeah I know, but that wasnt the case. I had lipped him so I could pull the hook out, and he gave a mean shake and hooked me back. So I dropped him thats when my rod tip broke.

Quote Originally Posted by Btbdodgers View Post
    haha this is crazy , i was the guy on the basstracker by u guys in oak canyon, and definitly was an awesome day, i totaled at 21 and lost 12, GOOD STUFF!
    Yes it was a great day bro.

Quote Originally Posted by russ88 View Post
    Very nice!!! Hope u have many more days like this. Thanks for adding pics as well. I know its hard to break out the camera when the bite is on. Was the guy u saw at the marina on a rental? If he was then it weighed in at 11.4.
    Yeah that was the guy. He also caught that on a fluke.

Looks like good fishing up there. THanks for the report...I hear lots of talk of the "fluke" what are those exactly? Its a soft bait with a head?

Quote Originally Posted by russ88 View Post
    I saw that guy on the rental boat by himself fighting with the big fish. He was trying to control the boat and the other hand fighting with the fish. I was nice to see that.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast