havent eaten either in yearssss had a couple grilled up by a freinds uncle like 8 years ago but none since, well this year with many many larger fish being caught i started keeping them, even 3-4 at a time and toss the fillets in the freezer... ive made most into jerky which is great but ive also fried it with the usual store baught fish fry mix with a few added basics like garlic salt, lemon salt, and sometimes chili powder and always fresh groud pepper... wet dip always lemon juice, splash of rum, egg, milk and pepper again "i love pepper",, those two species are pretty good fried up but not as yummy as catfish or crappie, ive grilled the fillets ..... butter in pan, added some garlic salt, onion powder, a lil lemon juice, and of course fresh pepper.. grilled a lil longer then i would grill most fish to where theres darker golden areas and side it with some grilled potatos and onions "with italian herbs, diced garlic, PEPPERRRRRR" and steamed for a few minutes with a splash of beer then let the beer and excess junk in the pan turn into a thicker mess and shake potatoes and onions around in it.. its great... few slices of raw cucumber on the side and theres a decent dinner.. ive done a few other experiments with the bluegill and red ears and am very glad i tried em out this year one thing that sucks badddd.... what i beleive are called green sunfish, the smell when cleaning them is horrid, the taste is so gamey and well just not good at all, love catching them but will not eat one again...

anyone have any interesting or just gooooood bluegill/redear recipe???

also try the beer thing with chicken let it steam covered for a while and it makes it sooooo tender and yummy and if done right it dont taste like beer just tastes goood.. also 1 inch cubes of chicken is far better then just doing a whole boneless breast