Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tubes!

You got two recs for the ODC 420 already.

I got one a month or so back. It's my 2nd tube, first was a Caddis Navigator II. The ODC, in my opinion, is much beefier than the Caddis. It also weighs more though.

Right now that auction site, not sure if we can mention other sites here, is the best place to get one cheap. There's one that closes in 7 hours and change. Look at completed listings and you get an idea of what these are going for right now.

The other tube, the Outcast, seems to be the standard by which all other tubes are measured. That auction site also has that tube for sub-$200 shipped, well inside your budget.

Decisions, decisions.

Manuel

I just bought my first tube I was originally looking at the FC4, but ended up with a Togiak I bought it at Bass pro shops . here`s the reason why .Both tubes are almost the same in design FC4 has a slightly better back rest and support but its only ratedd for 275lbs the Togiak is rated for 350 I found it to have more storage space than the FC4 and it has back pack straps underneath so you can carry it around easier say if your hiking or jumping from spot to spot and it only weighs 7lbs w/o all the tackle so i packed it light and its easy to maneuver Price was $159.99+tax . FYI Cabelas now has them on sale for $119.Again this is just my opinion and for my preferences .

Good luck BassinChef

Quote Originally Posted by Manuel View Post
    You got two recs for the ODC 420 already.

I got one a month or so back. It's my 2nd tube, first was a Caddis Navigator II. The ODC, in my opinion, is much beefier than the Caddis. It also weighs more though.

Right now that auction site, not sure if we can mention other sites here, is the best place to get one cheap. There's one that closes in 7 hours and change. Look at completed listings and you get an idea of what these are going for right now.

The other tube, the Outcast, seems to be the standard by which all other tubes are measured. That auction site also has that tube for sub-$200 shipped, well inside your budget.

Decisions, decisions.

Manuel
    Are you referring to eBay? You can usually find some decent deals there. Timing is everything.

Quote Originally Posted by BassinChef View Post
    I just bought my first tube I was originally looking at the FC4, but ended up with a Togiak I bought it at Bass pro shops . here`s the reason why .Both tubes are almost the same in design FC4 has a slightly better back rest and support but its only ratedd for 275lbs the Togiak is rated for 350 I found it to have more storage space than the FC4 and it has back pack straps underneath so you can carry it around easier say if your hiking or jumping from spot to spot and it only weighs 7lbs w/o all the tackle so i packed it light and its easy to maneuver Price was $159.99+tax . FYI Cabelas now has them on sale for $119.Again this is just my opinion and for my preferences .

Good luck BassinChef
    I have a Togiak too. Great little tube for hiking around with I agree. The quality is not quite the same though as the Outcast tubes or a ODC 420. If I'm not hiking then I am using the SuperFatCat but even now when I hike I'm using it because it's just more comfortable on the water. The Storage space is actually pretty comparable on both but on the Togiak there are more compartments using the same amount of space. For me that's the bummer of it because when I hike I pack my waders and boots into those compartments and on the Togiak they don't fit, just a little food for thought.

Yes Daryl,

Your correct. I wasn't sure if the mention of another site was taboo here.

Last ODC420 went for about $124 yesterday.

Manuel

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12