Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Topwater KPN - walk the dog teqnique - HOW TO

Quote Originally Posted by gletemfeelsteelgary View Post
    LMAO !

I don't think the bako batallion has ever dealt with anything even 6" (draw ur own conclusions -heh heh heh...)

Woooo-hooo....

I'm gunnin for ya Mike (cutbait) I'll be parking a car in the duct near ya'll soon...

Ha ha ha ha
    ooooooo REALLY,

I Beleave this lives in BAKO

TRAIL BLAZER
    STRIPER11550:Twisted:

STRIPER FEST
    HEAVY STRINGER
    CHAMPION

Well, I walked the Dog! It worked just like ya said it would! You're right---you really do have to get in tune with the lure. Even with the directions in my mind backwards, within a few minutes I figured it out and the lil heddon spook was zig zaging happily across the suface. It does take some coordinating to watch, take up the line slack, tilt/tip the rod appropriately, but once you get the idea it's actually pretty easy. Thanks for explaining the wrist action..I kept catching myself starting to get more arm action but then quickly saved the "walk" by smoothing it back out with the wrist. I tried to get a KPN topwater lure--the one everyone's always raving about, but they were all out over at Galleons by Castaic. That teenaged girl in there was so sweet and helpful--she catches fish all the time with her dad, who owns the shop.
    Last edited by MichelleBedore; 10-05-2010 at 08:21 PM.

Gary,

Thanks for the more detailed explanation bro. I hope you are compiling all of your tips in case you want to write a book in the future. Very good materials. Hope to see you in the lake again soon.

Quote Originally Posted by MichelleBedore View Post
    Well, I walked the Dog! It worked just like ya said it would! You're right---you really do have to get in tune with the lure.

and the lil heddon spook was zig zaging happily across the suface.

It does take some coordinating to watch, take up the line slack, tilt/tip the rod appropriately, but once you get the idea it's actually pretty easy. .
    AhhhhhKha !

yes yes.....very nice..

Makes me happy to you that you got it...

Won't be long now till you hook up....

sounds like U got the right idea...

Now U just have to find the active fish..

Good luck,
    Gary

Quote Originally Posted by radray View Post
    Gary,

Thanks for the more detailed explanation bro. I hope you are compiling all of your tips in case you want to write a book in the future. Very good materials. Hope to see you in the lake again soon.
    I'm am already writing a book : )

a couple months into it now : )

If you dont already know how to walk the dog then you would probably be better off learning with a more balanced topwater like a Heddon Super Spook,Lucky Craft Sammy or Gunfish,River2sea Rover,or a Pencil Popper $5 and the easiest bait to walk there is.

Quote Originally Posted by merkopac View Post
    If you dont already know how to walk the dog then you would probably be better off learning with a more balanced topwater like a Heddon Super Spook,Lucky Craft Sammy or Gunfish,River2sea Rover,or a Pencil Popper $5 and the easiest bait to walk there is.
    yes but were talking about the KPN here, those lures will catch fish but are not as effective in my opinion

Not as effective?Those lures I named are used by the best pros in the world,crafted,designed,and tested by the best bait makers and pros around the world,but you would say that Kahn's sanded down closet dowel is better?Maybe for you its about using your buddys bait or coming on here and trying to sell it for him,but to say its more effective for catching fish than the baits I named is just wrong

Not as effective?Those lures I named are used by the best pros in the world,crafted,designed,and tested by the best bait makers and pros around the world,but you would say that Kahn's sanded down closet dowel is better?Maybe for you its about using your buddys bait or coming on here and trying to sell it for him,but to say its more effective for catching fish than the baits I named is just wrong
    Well 1st off, the point of this thread was to instruct those who did not know how to walk the dog with the lure specified in the title of the thread.

That is what it's about,

sorry if your not paying attention and still hold a grudge for other things not related to this thread.
    Thats your issue not mine...

well I can tell you...... my not so called friend.... that I have no hidden agenda as you suggest at all and if you must really know, things would be much easier for me NOT to help my fellow anglers and just fish on.... but that's not my way, I try to help others, you should try it once in a while...

I'll add that I don't need to sell Khanh's lures, they sell themselves and their track records speak for themselves, I've fished all of the lures you mention side by side and tested things, those are my findings, time and time again, it will outfish them 3 to 1....

Poll the anglers using them....

ACTUALLY using them, they will speak for themselves as well.

they catch fish....

They catch fish regularly..

Draw whatever conclusion you wish, it's your choice but while you sit and speculate, I am catching more fish on them..

what are you suggesting ? that every other angler that has caught fish on these lures is trying to sell them as well...

Hmnnnn....More resentment !

even ever since Khanh pulled his lures from your shop for you dissing them way back then...

Crawl back under your rock and mind ur own bee'swax if your not going to help anyone else cause all I ever see on this site from you is negative matters anyway...

post up some catches or actually help another if you can see outside yourself for a minute instead of being selfish...

I'll say it again, it IS more effective and that has been proven, maybe not by you because your too closed minded and holding a grudge to allow yourself to use them.

man your kind still never ceases to amaze me, quite a pc of work you are....

Wow....

Impressive input

LOl...stuff I've been collecting over the years, slowly but surely. The super spook was one I recently bought because the only topwater lures I THOUGHT I had were some poppers. The spook is what I used to try the walk the dog tequnique. There's one othe rlure I have in that box that you can walk the dog with, but I forgot which one it is! I'll have to check the little white papers under the lures where I wrote notes on each lure's application. Can ya tell I'm a tad OCD about fishin'??!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	My tacklebox.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	99.1 KB 
ID:	25891   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Super Spook Jr..jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	56.2 KB 
ID:	25890  
    Last edited by MichelleBedore; 10-06-2010 at 01:58 PM.

Was that a POCKET FISHERMAN burried down in that box???

ooooooYAAAAAAAAAA,,,,NICEEEEEEEE

TRAIL BLAZER
    STRIPER11550:Twisted:

STRIPER FEST
    HEAVY STRINGER
    CHAMPION

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast