Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bass fishing gone bad in OC lake

Default Bass fishing gone bad in OC lake

Sorry guys but what can i say.. I feel bad but at the same time i dont..
    Last edited by sshernandez; 10-02-2010 at 11:43 AM. Reason: just

Quote Originally Posted by sshernandez View Post
    Hello everyone.. So i went out fishing this morning around 7:00am to my Fav Lakes in OC and it started off good with 3 Bass around 2 to 3lbs when i went to one of my spots were yesterday i got 3big bass out of the same spot. Some guy comes up to me and askes me if he could have them and i told him Hell NO. So this morning i went out and seen that same guy at the spot since he was there i didnt fish it but i seen that he had a stringer with 2 big bass so i cut the stinger and let them go. When he seen that he came runing after me and told me WTF.. I tryed talking to him about how its not cool to keep them and the whole thing. But he didnt care so he pushed me after that i went off on him and let me just say i think he has teeth missing let me just add that i bin boxing since i was a kid..LOL.. so back to the stor. So after i told him next time i see you im going to do the same..LOL.. This is not the first time i had to do this.. Well the good thing is that the bass are free agine and i cant wait to get them and take a Photo.. By the way befor you guys start saying why didnt you just call the DFG.. Well i have but they never show up so theres a new DFG in town..LOL.. Thanks guys and good luck..
    Here's some trivia: Did you know that an average Bass fishermen who superimposes himself on someone who probably caught their bass legally is doing an illegal act?

Thats messed up dude!

Sorry to say this, but you were totally in the wrong. You had no right to touch this angler's stringer. There's nothing wrong with keeping legal size bass if they were legally caught.

Most likely those bass are not gonna survive with a stringer attached to them.

Team Santana when you see the same guy snag everything he sees now thats messed up and like i said the bushed me i would never hit anyone unless he touches me.. So are you from Santa Ana or is that just the name??

wtf, what gives u the right to touch his stringer? who knows maybe this guy is hard up on his luck and needs to feed his family, bass are eaten all the time, i never keep them but would never push what i feel about keeping them on another person to the point of destruction of property and being a prick... maybe you should leave others alone and just enjoy your trips no?

Team Santana when you see the same guy snag everything he sees now thats messed up and like i said the bushed me i would never hit anyone unless he touches me.. So are you from Santa Ana or is that just the name??

...So this morning i went out and seen that same guy at the spot since he was there i didnt fish it but i seen that he had a stringer with 2 big bass so i cut the stinger and let them go...
    You didn't mention anything about snagging, and the reason why he pushed you is because you provoked him by cutting loose his stringer.

It sucks to hear that you have done this stupid act before.
    Last edited by smokinflies; 10-02-2010 at 11:47 AM.

Not to condone this type of behavior, but depending upon which OC park he was fishing Bass are CLEARLY marked catch and release only at several of the oc park lakes. I'd agree that a little education never hurt anyone, but there is some people who just dont care. To each his own. Just a though.

Geoff

Wow...Now I can see why there was grumbling about me niavely saying we ate the bass I caught. *Cringes* don't hurt me

I explained about the catch and release and the reasons why with largemouth bass to my husband. He thoughtfully did not argue. Then I told him about stripers. hehehehe.

He pushed you for being a totally inconsiderate jerk! I personally have only kept bass legally one time to help out a neighbor who was in a jam, and if you would have cut my stringer loose, I probably would have done a lot more than just shove you... you also didnt mention anything about snagging,,, and the names Santana not Santa Ana, big difference...

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast