Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Back To Big Bear Lake For More Trout 09-24-10

Default Back To Big Bear Lake For More Trout 09-24-10

I got a text message from my buddy saying he wanted to go back to Big Bear Lake. I was like, alright lets go. I grabbed my new Shimano trout pole i bought and headed out. We got there at 9:30 pm. It was getting cold and the wind was picking up. By 9:45, had my line in the water and landed my first rainbow. At 10:00 the spot was hot so I didn't move from there. I was there all night till 4:30 in the morning. Trout Teaser worked real good for me. Caught all my fish on them. My buddy, in the mean time, was using night crawlers. Things were slow for him so I gave him one of my Trout Teasers and his pole started getting hot. He was getting bites but he couldnt hook'em. Me being a bass man and having some experience with lures jigs spoon etc., showed him how to fish with the teasers. It was my first time using trout teasers too. He landed his first rainbow on it and after that he put the night crawlers to the side. Had a fun, cold night and I popped the cherry on my pole with a total of 6 trout. Largest weighing 1lb and 3 crappies. There were 5 crappies but my buddy accidentally dropped the other 2 back in the water while putting it on the line. My phone was tripping that day. I took my pics at the lake and on the way back I went to look at the pics and couldnt find them. My phone took them but never saved them so I had to take another when I got back to my buddys house. Sorry for the late report I was busy and didn't have the chance to post it right away.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20100925_062511-1.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	60.2 KB 
ID:	25752Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20100925_062203-1.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	50.2 KB 
ID:	25753
    Last edited by 5BassReaper7; 09-29-2010 at 03:15 PM.

Great report David! Glad to see you were able to get your friend on some fish. Maybe next time you can teach him how to NOT drop them back in!

D

Quote Originally Posted by NachoFish View Post
    Great report David! Glad to see you were able to get your friend on some fish. Maybe next time you can teach him how to NOT drop them back in!

D
    yes i know .. its alright i was acually laughing he was mad ... thanks

Nice report, I haven't fished Big Bear lake in a long time. Congrats on the Trout.
    Thanks for rocking the T57 gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Wingnut View Post
    Nice report, I haven't fished Big Bear lake in a long time. Congrats on the Trout.
    Thanks for rocking the T57 gear.
    thanks bro it hott there now only fished it a couple of times not a big trout fisherman but like your signature says a open mind is always better then a open mouth so im opening my mind on some trout pretty fun anytime i keep rockin the 57 gear