Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 9/28 Striper THICKness - kewly and Al..the "butcher" 55lbs of hard work.

Default 9/28 Striper THICKness - kewly and Al..the "butcher" 55lbs of hard work.

9/28 Striper THICKness - kewly and Al..the "butcher" 55lbs of hard work.

Today was a goood day! so i'll ad-lib hahah -(need that ice cube song...)

WELLL, from the scorching day on the lake last Sunday, i saw that the weather was supposed to be 85 and somewhat hot...that sounded like a cold day to me from the day of 109 with cp. Well i got to check my emails and found that one of my friends Al wanted to try and jump on the striper slay mission i've been on...i told him i'd be able to meet him no problem, just wanted to make sure he knew the rules again as i uttered them in the weeks prior..he said no problem. In short, his boat didnt pass, and we had to get a rental- NP since i've done it many times...w/out a fishfinder. pay the time on the lake, pay the price with fish...sometimes lol.- its
    "Fishing" Al was a bit hesitant, but i said its worth it- i have my gps! So we got our bass rental and loaded/headed out.

I took us to some different spots this time around as this was Al's first time at DVL as well...but he's slayed many and even held the record early on at Castaic...so i knew he had a bag of tricks for the stripers...I knew the day was gona be good.

Fished DVL hard as always...but got lucky...Stuck some solid 7-11lbrs today, and broke off something else.
    I'm ready for a rematch- Ne ways can't always tell "golden stories" so i'll let the photos speak...saw jesse out slayin again! lolz..we let go alot of stripers today...but did our limit 55lbs of solid striper meat, that got officially weighed with Jesse at the tackle shop- thank you!

hard day fishing, but time pays off...my fav lure of the day, KPN...and a few others.

DURING.. al's solid 8lbr

I wanted to play too!

GREAT DAY, Al slayed em- thanks bud!...(ps sometimes you dont always need your boat or fishfinder! jk)

-til nextime
    FISH ON!
    kewly
    Last edited by Wingnut; 09-29-2010 at 11:37 AM. Reason: LURKERS lol (typo Al the "BUTCHER" not buther lolz)

To Kewly- Looks like this report is the real Best Guide Trip Ever. I'll take "quality" over "quantity" any day. Sounds like a 55 lb stringer speaks for itself............
    Barry A. Ogawa

Hey kewly I know Al. Good guy . Nice going on the linesides

Amazing Kewly, the legend Striper Slayer. Good job you know the lake and fish it well. Talk to you soon Buddy.

Quote Originally Posted by TrouTracker View Post
    To Kewly- Looks like this report is the real Best Guide Trip Ever. I'll take "quality" over "quantity" any day. Sounds like a 55 lb stringer speaks for itself............
    Barry A. Ogawa
    hey thanks Barry- I have no problem catching schoolies, but love the fight/hunt/target the larger stripers and ultimately the DD's...

ps lurkers...my secret lure weapon... WHITE CHEDDAR POPCORN lol., dig these ice chest shots

Quote Originally Posted by Troutman65 View Post
    Hey kewly I know Al. Good guy . Nice going on the linesides
    TM65!! longtime dude- hey thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Bebop View Post
    Amazing Kewly, the legend Striper Slayer. Good job you know the lake and fish it well. Talk to you soon Buddy.
    striper slayer yes... thanks Bob! cya at the lake

He whites out the lure.......you guys are lame. Then why bother telling us what your "favorite" lure was then?? Good lord.

They've been getting them on large Krocs.

Quote Originally Posted by Lunker1979 View Post
    He whites out the lure.......you guys are lame. Then why bother telling us what your "favorite" lure was then?? Good lord.
    its his report dude. he can do whatever he wants :)

To Lunker- Kewly already stated in his report that he can't tell all the "golden stories". If you read his reports, he always says what lures he's catching them on and often times what percentage he's catching them on which lure. Kewly said that his favorite lure of the day was the KPN. It really doesn't matter too much because the same lure doesn't always work the next time out. This guy spent 3 months doing his homework on those stripers at DVL. 55 lbs is not too shabby for a lame angler...............
    Barry A. Ogawa

Quote Originally Posted by TrouTracker View Post
    Barry A. Ogawa
    Just curious if this is taking a shot at Art Berry's report?

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast