Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Need advice of surf fighing, long beach

Default Need advice of surf fighing, long beach

Hey FNN I"m heading out to long beach tomorrow and wanted to do some surf fishing. I usually fish to the right of the pier (parking lot by cherry). All I catch is 12'in halibuts and some other small fishes. Are there any spots near there with big halibut or some other worthy fish? Thanks in advance.

You're already fishing a great spot, plenty of legals around. Just keep an eye out for structure and trenches during the lowtides, then make sure to revisit them when the tide comes up.

Welcome to the boards btw.

P.S. Make sure you're wearing some decent wading boots, TONS of stringrays at Long Beach
    Last edited by Swank909; 09-27-2010 at 08:12 PM. Reason: and seal beach*

That whole beach area is good, but don't stay in one spot too long if it's not producing. Let us know how you did.

Ahh wasn't able to go, went to GVL instead. Will go sometime this week. Thanks for the advice.