Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Catalina Surf/Tuna fishing

Default Catalina Surf/Tuna fishing

Hey, I'm coming down from NorCal to Catalina for lobster season and was wondering which sopts you guys would recommend for Tuna, Rock cod, Yellowtail, Barries, Ect. We've got a fairly large boat so open water isnt a problem. Thanks.

That's a tough one Bro!
    Right now the counts have been low and the overnighters are hit and miss.
    They seem to be heading out at a 240 degree heading, from San Diego, anywhere from 40-60 miles out.
    The 1 1/2 day'ers are going out further but getting smaller #'s.
    Good Luck with the Tuna.
    If you have any good lobster spots and would like to share, shoot me a PM. I do not believe in raping the ocean and take only what I eat.
    Take Care
    Robert

Quote Originally Posted by Mcjingles View Post
    Hey, I'm coming down from NorCal to Catalina for lobster season and was wondering which sopts you guys would recommend for Tuna, Rock cod, Yellowtail, Barries, Ect. We've got a fairly large boat so open water isnt a problem. Thanks.
    Fish the albie's on your way down, they are about 35 miles out at about a 215 heading out of Avila. Nice grade of fish. Save the carcasses for the lobster.

Tight lines

Tuna out

Quote Originally Posted by murrieta angler View Post
    That's a tough one Bro!
    Right now the counts have been low and the overnighters are hit and miss.
    They seem to be heading out at a 240 degree heading, from San Diego, anywhere from 40-60 miles out.
    The 1 1/2 day'ers are going out further but getting smaller #'s.
    Good Luck with the Tuna.
    If you have any good lobster spots and would like to share, shoot me a PM. I do not believe in raping the ocean and take only what I eat.
    Take Care
    Robert
    Sent. See ya there!