Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nph 9/26/10

I learned how to "catch and release" on FNN. It was the posts by members and the education on this message board that has changed the way I view fishing.

The next time I see any poaching I will definitely call, even though nothing may happen.

Hi roby,

Nice report and pics thanks. Should have taken pics of the moron and ........ his vehicle !!

JapanRon

Thanks for the report and for at least telling the poacher what the rules are.

Quote Originally Posted by Maz View Post
    I've read time and time again nothing happens when you call that number.
    Yeah, well the problem is with less the 200 Wardens for the entire state there might not be one in the area every time you call. Doesn't mean you shouldn't call though. They might be around. Also, at least in Newport, you can try the local PD. I know for a fact that they have cited poachers in the past, I've seen it with my own eyes, however, that will probably only happen if there is absolutely nothing else going on and there happens to be one of the guys on duty that care enough to know the laws at the time, so that's a crap shoot too. That doesn't mean you shouldn't try that also. Again, you never know.
    Last edited by Fish Dog; 09-27-2010 at 09:27 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12