Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Slaying Browns from Bishop to Bridgeport!!

Don't worry about the C&R chastisings. You didn't do anything wrong. Browns aren't even native to the United States...let alone the Eastern Sierras.

There is some differences of science-fact as to the nativity of Greman Browns. Some facts point to Ireland while other scientists insist they originated in New Zealand. But the one fact they agree on is Browns were originally sea trout that became landlocked hundreds of thousands of years ago as those islands rose and the ice from the ice age melted away.

Quote Originally Posted by SierraPeaks View Post
    Don't worry about the C&R chastisings. You didn't do anything wrong. Browns aren't even native to the United States...let alone the Eastern Sierras.

There is some differences of science-fact as to the nativity of Greman Browns. Some facts point to Ireland while other scientists insist they originated in New Zealand. But the one fact they agree on is Browns were originally sea trout that became landlocked hundreds of thousands of years ago as those islands rose and the ice from the ice age melted away.

You mean they are not from Germany? My nostalgic myth is crushed

Quote Originally Posted by Noobiesrule View Post
    I can't believe you kept those browns, such beautiful natural fish that you killed. People don't understand how fragile the natural fish population is, such a shame.
    REEEELAX dude. He said he didn't know and that next time he'll release them. Geezus.

Anyway TROUT great job man and way to get the boys involved. Some of my fondest memories are fishing with the pops and those kind of experiences can create a life long love for fishing and nature.

Quote Originally Posted by billy b View Post
    You mean they are not from Germany? My nostalgic myth is crushed
    Weird...ain't it Billy ?

Thanks white belt.
    I got my boys into outdoors since they were around 2-3 years old,great feeling when kids
    are involved in outdoors not some computer game or tv.
    I guess im a lucky dad.
    Good luck.

Hey mr.peaks.
    Thanks for all your info..

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345