Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Hansen dam

Default Hansen dam

Went to hansen dam today soaked a senko for a while tossed a Rapala top water since a few hit the surface, one hit it but I missed it, tied on a ox blood robo and well here's my rat

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Hansen pond bass.jpg 
Views:	103 
Size:	45.7 KB 
ID:	25547

Yah, I'm with you. ' Dam Hanson ' why did they grow up ?

DR

Whatever fool, I'm just letting people who live up this way know that yes there still are fish in there and you come out with this? No wonder people complain

Hey thanks for the report. I didn't really think there were any fish left up there. Do you happen to know if there are any carp in there? I saw a website that says there is, but I've only been there once years ago. I've been wanting to try my hand at carp fishing with some cheap home made bait. And nice poster Dockrat haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Devildog View Post
    Whatever fool, I'm just letting people who live up this way know that yes there still are fish in there and you come out with this? No wonder people complain
    This is the reason he's been banned from all the other fishing websites.

Thanks Marky, Icarus I haven't seen carp in there, I know at one time there was trout and catfish saw a bunch of catfish belly up around the "hole" about a month and a half ago I had heard from a non fishing chat room that the bass from Haynes canyon res had been relocated to the "hole" since the res got filled up by mud and was now pretty much empty from the fires we had last year. When it cools down I'll be hitting it up more since it's close by and costs nothing to get in, suits my budget just fine.

Thanks for the report.
    I use to fish the dam about 5 years ago,when they DFG use to stock trout,
    took my 3 boys last time to fish,till somebody got shot in the park,before enter the
    lake,that was it for me,becouse my boys were scared and asked me what happen
    i had to lie to them and told them that,<<< there shooting a movie>>>
    GOOD LUCK ...

Oh wow good cover up there, lapd and now the sheriffs seem to be patrolling more, as well as the life guards are out there most of the time, at least one has to be out watching the hole. I want to try to get out there and on the water as soon as the sun comes up to see how the action is early on, another guy that was there that day was telling me that there were at least 3 big ones over by the weeds. I checked that area out to see what was there and boy if they keep going the way they are (lots of fingerling's and some bigger ones up to 6-8" long) that hole should be a pretty good place as long as people practice catch and release but I know that's asking too much.

I'll be there in a bit. Thanks for the reassurance haha

Default carp...?

Quote Originally Posted by Icarus View Post
    Hey thanks for the report. I didn't really think there were any fish left up there. Do you happen to know if there are any carp in there? I saw a website that says there is, but I've only been there once years ago. I've been wanting to try my hand at carp fishing with some cheap home made bait. And nice poster Dockrat haha.
    there are some carp at the lower lake , where the river meets the basin. the life guards will kick you out because people are not allowed to be down there. and now that i'm on the subject , i've run into a few bobcats down there so be careful.as for the carp , they're huge and put up the best fight on a flyrod.dough baits work just as well .i made a mixture of captain crunch and canned corn.i use that for the lower lake and it works like you wouldn't believe.that's how i lost my ultralight set up.i'm still mad about that.if you ever want to meet up and fish down there , let me know. i know all the good spots.