Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Humboldt Squid

Default Humboldt Squid

When are these bad boys scheduled to arrive? I think it’s about this time. Anyone know how I can find out when they arrive?

They were here around April.

Just always keep on eye on a few landing's fish count/news.

Think it was late Jan to early April. I went on the Dana Wharf early Feb and it was WFO. Think I caught seven 30-6o lb in about an hour. I cant wait till they come through again.

TS

Awe... Missed it. Thanks for the info.

Some pretty strange replies we got right here. Most people would rather do with the Humbolts due to their destructive nature to eat practically any species of fish. Some would say it was the Humbolts' fault for the low Sandbass counts in the past. Then again I sure everyone here is aware of how many squid died this past season so thus epic sandbass fishing during the summer, at least for a little while that is. Anyways, don't forget your squid jigs and low gear reels.

If you're wishing for the humboldts to come back then you might as well wish for unrestricted year round commercial fishing anywhere along our coast. The results will be the same. Decimation of the local fish populations. Why do you think fishing has sucked around here the last few years?

They never left...........................been seen and caught every month this year, last week off newport there where a few caught by those who looked around.