Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Phenix Iron Feather IF-682-2 and IF722-2

Quote Originally Posted by yafool View Post
    I have in mint condition Phenix IF682-2 (6'2") and IF722-2 (7'2") for sale, both comes with original phenix tubes. $300 each.
    pm me your number and let's chat. I'd like to pick up both of em.

i was fishing with pie13 when he sets the hook. snap broken iron feather . the look on his face was as he had just lost a loved one . it was the frist to snap. also the man can fish just my 2 cents..

I just talked to Jeff from Phenix to find out what the problem is about iron feathers breaking. This is by far the best trout rod ever made due to its sensitivity there is no other rod out there like it. I have 6 of the iron feathers and never had a problem with them breaking. The only way the rods are breaking is from people reeling in too fast all the way to the tip and it is breaking 2-3 inches off the thin part of the tip. As far as the rod breaking on the fish none of the customers have had any problems with that according to Jeff. The tip is the most sensitive part of the whole rod and that is what makes this rod so unique. Nobody should have any problem with this rod as long you dont reel in too fast all the way to the tip.

Yeah they are DOPE rods. Just a lil out of my price range. I will stick to my Daiwa Spinmatic rods
    Last edited by the killa fish taco; 10-25-2010 at 07:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Troutcz swimbait View Post
    I just talked to Jeff from Phenix to find out what the problem is about iron feathers breaking. This is by far the best trout rod ever made due to its sensitivity there is no other rod out there like it. I have 6 of the iron feathers and never had a problem with them breaking. The only way the rods are breaking is from people reeling in too fast all the way to the tip and it is breaking 2-3 inches off the thin part of the tip. As far as the rod breaking on the fish none of the customers have had any problems with that according to Jeff. The tip is the most sensitive part of the whole rod and that is what makes this rod so unique. Nobody should have any problem with this rod as long you dont reel in too fast all the way to the tip.

This is inaccurate. We have had a few customers come in to have their Iron Feathers replaced because they broke while fighting fish. As far as it being the best trout rod there is that is laughable. It is anything but the best trout rod out there and Phenix actually offers a better rod in the Elixir then the Iron feather. I love Phenix rods but I am tired of hearing about how the Iron Feather is the best rod out there for trout fishing. For $400.00 dollars it's not even spined! When you have a rod that is sleeved like the Iron Feather is at the tip it can only load up to where the sleeve stops and if it's not spined then not only is it limited on how it loads because of the sleeve but it also won't go back and forth naturally due to not being spined. It is also a tank, it weighs far too much which takes away from the sensitivity. Frankly I applaude Phenix for trying something new and taking rod blank manufacturing in a new direction because ultimately this is how stuff gets better by R&D trial and error, but this rod is more hype then great trout rod IMO...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345