Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Phenix Iron Feather IF-682-2 and IF722-2

the killa Guest

i know 2 guys that have broken 3 iron feathers.... they boths went back to the g-loomis rods...

Default phenix

Quote Originally Posted by the killa View Post
    i know 2 guys that have broken 3 iron feathers.... they boths went back to the g-loomis rods...
    killa, what think about the iron feather?

Another thing to keep in mind is Phenix's rod replacement program, which is very generous IMO. If you break a rod for any reason (as far as I know) you can pay the replacement fee and get another. To replace an Iron Feather it's $120 and for the Elixer and Mirage it's only $50. Obviously if a rod breaks for reasons covered in the warranty that's different and you won't be charged. Correct me if I'm wrong, but it's spelled out pretty clearly on their warranty page: http://www.phenixrods.com/index.php?...age=page&id=16

Phenix stands behind their product. I had a guide insert pop out and simply brought the rod in and they gave me a new rod on the spot... No charge.

If you break it and it's your fault, you pay a small replacement fee and get new rod, if it breaks for a reason due to some other defect, they replace it for free.

I have the 7'9" and it really is an amazing rod.

I should mention that the guide insert popped out of an Elixer, not the Iron Feather.

Oh and, yafool, sorry this thread turned into a debate about Phenix rods ;) If I didn't have other financial obligations I would be thinking of buying those off you.

I like all 6 of mine no problems at all.

I've got a 7'9" one piece and seen zero errors with it in the breakage department for what it's worth.

Quote Originally Posted by bsp View Post
    I've got a 7'9" one piece and seen zero errors with it in the breakage department for what it's worth.
    $400.00

Quote Originally Posted by pie 13 View Post
    you haven't heard the feather weak, their to thin on the tip,hey phenix is returning all the money back, i know this because i broke 2 rods on fish, return for full refund, im so piss off the iron feather is junk.
    i am very curious why and how you broke "2 iron feather" on fish . yes they are thin on the tip, but if you spent that much hard earn money for them, would you take very care of them, and if you broke one why you broke
    another one. and you RETURN FOR FULL REFUND? i do know Phenix has policy for broken rods. not like you said
    got FULL REFUND????????............. just my 2 cent.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast