Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Phenix Iron Feather IF-682-2 and IF722-2

Default Phenix Iron Feather IF-682-2 and IF722-2

SOLD. Thanks for looking
    Last edited by yafool; 09-28-2010 at 01:23 PM.

Just curious why you're selling them?

Default iron feathers are trash

Quote Originally Posted by AngryAgent View Post
    Just curious why you're selling them?
    you haven't heard the feather weak, their to thin on the tip,hey phenix is returning all the money back, i know this because i broke 2 rods on fish, return for full refund, im so piss off the iron feather is junk.

Wow, really? Can anyone verify this?!!

This would be a hard hit for phenix. Iron feather is their crown jewel.

NO WAY! ive seen them and they are quality rods, i have a mirage and its reallllly nice.. iron feather is no different..

they are all quality rods! just expensive..

-andy

Quote Originally Posted by farmerandy16 View Post
    NO WAY! ive seen them and they are quality rods, i have a mirage and its reallllly nice.. iron feather is no different..

they are all quality rods! just expensive..

-andy
    Actually Andy the Iron Feather is very different. The tip has the outside material stripped off of it down the the inside material which is what makes the tip diameter so thin whereas the Mirage doesn't. They are actually quite different.

I am selling because I have IF79-2 and the IF86-2 as well and those two are my primary ones. I dont use these two shorter ones as much. They are extremely strong rods and yes, the tips may be fragile, but the backbone is the strongest ive seen in any rod. The T46 graphite makes them very light and sensitive. I have heard of the tips breaking from being careless or from people showing off to their friends how limber they are and bending them too much. Because it is so thin, it is easy to get your line wrapped around the tip, and when its wrapped and you swing on a fish, it can break pretty easy. I hate to say this and people dont like to admit it, but usually when a rod breaks, its user error. Rule of thumb for high performance rods. The more expensive it is, the more sensitive and light it is, the easier it is to break accidentally. Just my 2 cents
    Last edited by yafool; 09-21-2010 at 12:56 PM.

Is this true? The tip on the Iron Feather is incredibly thin, yes, but it's been demonstrated over and over that it's strong enough to withstand it bending in an almost complete circle.

Quote Originally Posted by yafool View Post
    I am selling because I have IF79-2 and the IF86-2 as well and those two are my primary ones. I dont use these two shorter ones as much. They are extremely strong rods and yes, the tips may be fragile, but the backbone is the strongest ive seen in any rod. The T46 graphite makes them very light and sensitive. I have heard of the tips breaking from being careless or from people showing off to their friends how limber they are and bending them too much. Because it is so thin, it is easy to get your line wrapped around the tip, and when its wrapped and you swing on a fish, it can break pretty easy. I hate to say this and people dont like to admit it, but usually when a rod breaks, its user error. Rule of thumb for high performance rods. The more expensive it is, the more sensitive and light it is, the easier it is to break accidentally. Just my 2 cents

I agree with everything you just said. Thanks just wanted to know why you were getting rid of them.

Ive used all the Iron Feathers ever since theyve been out, and I primarily use them for striper fishing at castaic. Ive never had a problem, with stripers up to 10lbs. I have also caught a 15lb sturgeon at Santa Ana on the IF72 with no problems.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast