Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: El Casco Lake, near Fisherman's Retreat

back from the dead bump

My only question is, why is this always being brought up from the past?

I GREW UP LIVING AT el caso ...as far as I last heard,the lakes were closed stil...since like..1993 or so..Back then the reasons were insurance...and also perhaps a few county issues..There were a dozen or so small cabin like structures and several smallere homes .I hear that San Timeteo CNY. is mostly golf course's...and now private neighborhoods????

Quote Originally Posted by JAYBO837 View Post
    I GREW UP LIVING AT el caso ...as far as I last heard,the lakes were closed stil...since like..1993 or so..Back then the reasons were insurance...and also perhaps a few county issues..There were a dozen or so small cabin like structures and several smallere homes .I hear that San Timeteo CNY. is mostly golf course's...and now private neighborhoods????
    but yes, VERY GOOD FISHING!!!

The lakes were closed off to the public after the drowning of a 4 year old boy. I live 5 minutes away but a ninja is out of the question for me, creeps me out.

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by sumodnb View Post
    The lakes were closed off to the public after the drowning of a 4 year old boy. I live 5 minutes away but a ninja is out of the question for me, creeps me out.

When did this tragedy occur? First time I heard about it.

saw this thread a while back and i became super curious so i began investigating since i live so close. I finally found someone who used to frequent the lake and who knew the owners of one of the cabins on the far end. He said they used to go there quite often. I guess the boy was unattended while his family picniced and unfortunately drowned in the pond. Lawsuit followed and fence went up not long after. If you go by you will notice it really hasnt been touched since.....the skiff is still sitting on shore and creeps me out bigtime.

P.s. my source for this story also showed me a tiny pond right down the street where the bronzebacks live :) but again, i don't like fishin with ghosts ;)

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by sumodnb View Post
    saw this thread a while back and i became super curious so i began investigating since i live so close. I finally found someone who used to frequent the lake and who knew the owners of one of the cabins on the far end. He said they used to go there quite often. I guess the boy was unattended while his family picniced and unfortunately drowned in the pond. Lawsuit followed and fence went up not long after. If you go by you will notice it really hasnt been touched since.....the skiff is still sitting on shore and creeps me out bigtime.

P.s. my source for this story also showed me a tiny pond right down the street where the bronzebacks live :) but again, i don't like fishin with ghosts ;)
    There's a few ponds out that way...Initials F.L. or D.L. mean anything to you? If that has bronzebacks, it's gotta be deep...tiny pond...

Wish I could find a few spots in the San Timeteo Creekbed that have fish, even dinky sunfish or carp. That place has always interested me but it seems too shallow.

up palmer, across C.V., artificial pond with a small bridge over it and heavy reed growth so you can hide from the main office.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456