Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: AV Duct Update

Default AV Duct Update

Hit the duct this evening for about 30 minutes at just one spot. The moss is still very bad and the water was low. Down to what I call the first seam and dropping. It is where the first concrete section butts to the next. Moss seems to be a tad bit less than last outing which is a good sign but it could have also been that the lure was in the water less because of the lower level? Anyway. No biters at all.

I managed to embed a treble hook into my striper elbow forearm, underside. I was reeling and and wanted to give a good tug near the edge to get most of the moss off and my lure was buoyant from the moss and came flying out at me. Went in pretty deep. I grabbed the hook and just pulled it out. It put a nice tear in my skin going in so I was able to back it right out without having the barb stick. Kept casting and working it and it just started to sting a bit. I guess you can say I finally got a shot for my striper elbow, lol. A cortisone shot would be better imo.

Didn't work it hard or even several spots but it was good to get out. The wind was raging too plus I have to get up early tomorrow because my son's soccer game is at 8am and he has to be there by 7:15am. Just wanted to update the conditions and to post my skunk. You can't always get 'em. Water is still flowing wide open.

Thanks bro ill wait for another 2 or 3 weeks before I head out that way

Yeah I give it a good three to four weeks and it should be cleared up or at least much more fishable.