Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: All-around Newbie...

Default All-around Newbie...

Heya all,

I'm new to this forum and fishing...well new to fishing since it's probably been 20 years since I last fished...

I live down south and will be at Lower Otay and El Capitan Reservoirs the most...I remember how much fun going after bass was when I was kid so I'll be doing a lot of that...but I'm up for just about any fishing, so if anyone down here has advice for those lakes or just some good advice for beginners I'm all ears...

Markus

Welcome to the boards Markus, looking forward to some Otay reports!

Welcome Markus!

Welcome Markus, have fun!

Welcome Bro!
    Robert

Welcome dude. Times have changed, fish have gotten smarter, tackle is better, lakes have changed, you know the works. Anyways you can't go wrong with 4lb test, half a nightcrawler, size 8 hook, spinning rod, and yeah. That stuff will get you anything be it panfish, carp, or catfish.

Thank you all for the welcome..!

Quote Originally Posted by Ifishtoolittle View Post
    Anyways you can't go wrong with 4lb test, half a nightcrawler, size 8 hook, spinning rod, and yeah. That stuff will get you anything be it panfish, carp, or catfish.
    I've been to Lower Otay a couple times and this is my anti-skunk setup while I try to get a grasp on working plastics and other lures...