Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: flurocarbon line

Default flurocarbon line

i want to get 12 lb Berkley Vanish Transition Fluorocarbon line and i wanna know if it is the right choice? I aslo would like to know what is the best knot choice for this line

I've heard bad stuff about the Vanish florocarbon...if I were you, I'd look at the seaguar or sunline floro but these are kinda expensive. I've heard good things about the Trilene 100% florocarbon though.

I have also heard bad things about Vanish but I have used it myself with no problems. I like to use the improved clinch knot also called the Trilene knot. The important thing to do with whatever knot you use (have confidence in) is wet the line before clinching down.
    I have also used the Palomar knot successfully with fluorocarbon (when drop shoting). and I hear that the double uni is also very good with fluorocarbon line.
    I use Fluorocarbon line for most applications except top water.
    Seaguard is the line that all other fluorocarbons are compared to. They do make a Red Label that is comparable in price to Vanish.

Quote Originally Posted by rrawstron View Post
    I've heard bad stuff about the Vanish florocarbon...if I were you, I'd look at the seaguar or sunline floro but these are kinda expensive. I've heard good things about the Trilene 100% florocarbon though.
    Thanks man and I heard the Palomar knot is not the best choice for fluorocarbon do you know what knot works best with it ? Ill check those line out tho.

seaguar invisx > *

Quote Originally Posted by CPT. Kirk View Post
    I have also heard bad things about Vanish but I have used it myself with no problems. I like to use the improved clinch knot also called the Trilene knot. The important thing to do with whatever knot you use (have confidence in) is wet the line before clinching down.
    I have also used the Palomar knot successfully with fluorocarbon (when drop shoting). and I hear that the double uni is also very good with fluorocarbon line.
    I use Fluorocarbon line for most applications except top water.
    Seaguard is the line that all other fluorocarbons are compared to. They do make a Red Label that is comparable in price to Vanish.
    ya thanks i use the palomar on my mono filament so ill stick to that untill have problems with it.

Quote Originally Posted by xjdesertfox View Post
    seaguar invisx > *
    ya thats what i was thinking to but i think it was around 30 bucks fo 250 yds but i think thats my top choice right there i use seaguar to make leaders out of my monofilament line so ill probably go ahead and get it.. it never let me down ...

Don't waste your money on Vanish, mate. Absolute RUBBISH. Go wit da Seagur.

Seaguar Invizx rocks !

Quote Originally Posted by tpfishnfool View Post
    Seaguar Invizx rocks !
    Ya that's what I'm going with

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast