Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "Labor Day Monday" in the Harbor on the "Spotted Fever"

Default "Labor Day Monday" in the Harbor on the "Spotted Fever"

"Spotted Fever" has not been enjoying the time in "Dry Dock" this year! I have been giving it some tender loving care in my driveway, but every time I walk by with poles in hand to my truck I hear, "Will this be my lucky day!

So Eddie text me on this past Saturday and says "Whats up on Monday, up for a foot trip to NPH? I reply with, "Spotted Fever or Bust" His reply was "Basswidow" has the day off and maybe their son Aaron the little "Spottie Slayer" would go also! "Spottie Slayer" decides to back out and Eddie says that there is room for one more!

As I was prepping the boat I get a call from "Lieutenant bones" to see what I was up to? I know he was probably going to invite me for a surf trip but I have commitments and invited him but he and some of the other S.W.A.T. members were eye balling a "Recon Spot" and had plans. I sent out a last minute call to "Wingnut" to join us in the afternoon if things did not produce at the "Recon Spot"

In the end it was down to a Basswidow/Hesbros!

Arrive at sub grey light at 0550 to an already very active launch ramp at the Dunes! Lots of freshwater bass type boats dumping into the water! The "Light Bulb" came on pretty quickly for Eddie and I that we would be sharing the water with folks Pre-Fishing for the "SWBA Tourney" in the harbor in about 2 weeks! As we moved through the water today we used proper etiquette to allow them some space and we were rewarded with the same respect when we were on our spots also!

We head out to very overcast skies and make a few very quick drifts in the ripping incoming current and "Basswidow" is the first to get on the board!

Eddie responds with a how bout this!

And this!

And this!

Basswidow responds with a nice little one that takes her into the docks and we have to resort to rescue it from it's run for cover!

and this

and this

Time for a Commercial Break!

All of these fish were caught on the "3 inch Big Hammer Swimbaits!

I am still dropshotting and finally get a Pancake on the Berkley Gulp!

We move around the corner and ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ! This little rascal hit the 3" Nuclear Chicken Gulp Alive Shad?

Another move produced many shake off dink spotties and my guests left this one for me!

The afternoon blues began to hit and the search was on for where the real bite or new knowledge would come from!
    We hit the mid channel and tried to meeter some fish in the deeper waters of the channel!

Basswidow decided to take a little break.

and we should have taken a hint from the experts that were just relaxing! This guy was just chilling in the "Garden of Eden" We were able to almost get close enough to pet him when he awoke and gave us the "Evil Eye"

We worked a few new spots for some action but Eddie managed to let them take him into deep cover or some seemingly good hook sets by both of us to just popped off!

Here is Eddie so proud that the dink is the same size as the fish on his shirt!

Sorry Eddie that one is to big!

Tried what looked like a great spot with steep sandy banks for the "Mother of Pancakes" but it was not to be!

Made our way back to the back bay as the current was again ripping back into the harbor along with the wind and picked up a few more scrappy spotties and sandies!

I am sure Eddie is in deep thought like I am that we caught so many spotties way out of thier normal cover in the open waters! That is what keeps us in the learning phase!

Thank you "Spotted Fever for getting my attention after a long layoff!!!

Thanks Rebecca and Eddie for a fun and relaxing day!
    Last edited by flyngby; 09-08-2010 at 06:55 PM. Reason: add pic

OMG, Congrats on the catch's! A buddy of mine, my dad, and I went out there on monday and got the skunk.

Nice day in the bay. Any Bonito in NPH ?

Quote Originally Posted by reptile dude007 View Post
    my dad, and I went out there on monday and got the skunk.
    Basswidow kicked your asss and took a nap.
    DR

looks like a really fun day.did you talk to any swba boats and get to compare your luckto their's?thanks for the report!

Nice report Steve!
    Looks like it was a very nice day in the end there.
    Why don't you guys enter those tournaments, Eddie is a SBB slaying machine!
    Enjoyes the pics,
    Robert

Great Job out there BOYZ!
    I knew you would do well Steve.....after all you guys are the harbor masters for sure. Eddie and his wifey look like a couple of Berkly Pro's with those kewl looking shirts...LOL
    I think this is the first time I have seen so many pics of Eddie without a cig in his mouth! (Only two) Kinda doesn't look like him....I'm used to him looking like the Clint Eastwood of NPH!

I bet the NPH reports will start showing up soon....Always seems to be the trend after one of your reports

One more thing....

Eddie,

The way she holds her bass....

And the way she looks soooooooooo determined..........Thumb breaking like a pro!

IT'S QUITE CLEAR.........WHO'S THE BOSS
    Last edited by bones; 09-08-2010 at 08:07 PM.

love the spottie reports.hittin it up friday!!!!

I was tempted to make the drive to NPH and hop onboard for the afternoon session, but saw the traffic report. Put me on the next rotation Steve!

Looks like another fine outing for the Harbor Masters... all THREE of them.

Steve, good to see your beloved Spotted Fever back on the water.

Now that's alot of spotties. I miss fishing with you guys, maybe it's time for a reunion tour of NPH. Congrats on all the nice catch.

Well done as always Steve! Glad to see you put the Spotted Fever to work on labor day. It looks like eveyone had a great day with plenty spotties for everyone on board.

JerryG

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast