Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Monday fishing with the "the Todd" boils, WFO

Default Monday fishing with the "the Todd" boils, WFO

Got a late night email from Todd looking to go out on his day off, Monday, We agreed to meet at Gallion's I told him what I was driving so he knew what to look for, and he told me that he was pretty easily recognized, He said Look for the guy with the tattoo's on his face,interesting, so Monday morning came around, went in to Gallions got some 20lbs of ice cause I new it would be a slay day on the striper's, looked outside and there was Todd and yep he's got some tattoos, cool, he had parked his Morris Minor, grabbed his hat, jumped in and away we headed, he told me a little bit about his fishing experience and I told him the plan for the day, to net some shad cause thats what the key to the bite was, and I told him I was going to put him to work on the shad net, believe netting shad can be a lot of work at times.
    Got to my spot, saw that the bait was in the back of the cove where they should be, on our first swipe, most of them went on the side of my net and right into Todd's, we got about 30 or so pieces and were ready to go, we headed right out about 100 feet from the back and rigged up , and it was on from there, I forgot who or what we got first, we were getting them, Bass and Striper's, had a couple fish on when I heard Todd yell and heard the sound like some one dropped a bag of cement in the water and then snap as the line broke, big big bass, Todd got a look and said it was big.
    This bite went on for a hour or so, I knew from the day before that I needed to get back in there and get some more bait before they disappeared, and that proved to be the case, went back in there and they had already moved out.
    I said well lets go over a cove and check it out, good move because, when we got over there the place was going crazy, striper's and bass were chasing shad up onto the shore line, bait was 3 feet up on the bank, I thought hell with the bait lets get the rip baits out, and it was WFO after that, crazy fishing, rip bait, top water, even got one on a fly lined Flashtrixs.
    We slowed down a little, went back in the back made some more bait, put a few pieces on and caught some bass and striper's in the back and watched outside as they continued to boil and and bust bait up on the banks, they were even out in the main lake boiling.
    We were there with another guy, Pastor Bob,nice guy we chatted a little and I told him about FNN, he was on them to, then other boat came in and asked if he could come in behind us, no problem come on in, everybody was on them, Todd had keyed in on a Lucky Craft bait I had and was bit on at least five continuous casts, this went on for at least two hours, we had close to our limits and released at least 50 fish, and over 15 largemouth.
    Even after the boil went down we still were hooking them, when it finally died down the wind had picked up, I said that we'd go to the ski arm and check out a spot I like for a little shad fishing we still hadn't even touched our second scoop of bait, got back in the cove and Todd was tossing the LC as I got setup and he yelled fish, he had hooked a nice bass, then got another, he was on fire, the bait was tore up, the finish was completely gone of the bait.
    We never did get anything going off the spot I went to, wind was picking on that side of the lake, it was getting close to 2:00 and I told Todd it was time to call it a day, We had fish stuffed in every cooler I had, I hadn't put any in the live well because of the shad, but they were iced down real good and the fish were in very good shape.
    Got back to the landing, Todd tossed out the leftover shad while I got the truck, went to Gallions, got a ice chest and some ice, laid our fish out on the back of the boat, kept our limits, 20 stripers, we had a water and talked about our day, what a day over, just guessing at least 75 fish.
    The bass were in the 2 to 4 pound class and the striper's the same, my deck was covered in scales and us to.
    Todd I had a awesome day, enjoyed your company, I look forward to fishing with you again. who knows I might even think about getting a tattoo....

You get on em again Dave. Good Job!
    Another happy customer.

KPN.

Woah sweet haul. GJ Dave.

Good job out there. I will be there this weekend to try my luck.

Yea i agree...great day on the lake! i had a great time Dave...if you ever get a chance to get out there with Dave you should take it! he knows his stuff! you know you caught alot of fish when your bicep is sore the next day!!!
    thanks agin Dave... see you soon!

Great post. What an epic day.

Nice slay, going to hit it tomorro and hope for some of that top water action :)

cutbait Guest

Nice post, you certainly don't skimp on details.

Keep it coming

Top,a the line POST and ACTION there bro,,,,,,,,,,,,Congrats to the both of ya,,,,,,,,,
    T,B
    STRIPER11550:Twisted:

STRIPER FEST
    HEAVY STRINGER
    CHAMPION

Quote Originally Posted by The Todd View Post
    Yea i agree...great day on the lake! i had a great time Dave...if you ever get a chance to get out there with Dave you should take it! he knows his stuff! you know you caught alot of fish when your bicep is sore the next day!!!
    thanks agin Dave... see you soon!
    Thanks Again Todd, Your a good fisherman, didn't put the rod down the whole time, wish I could guarantee a work out like that everytime, see you soon, Dave

Thanks guys for the positive comments...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast