Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: cabo advice

Default cabo advice

hey guys, im heading down to cabo sanlucas in late october and im having a hard time finding what im looking for. it seems the panga fleet is either in san jose del cabo or further than that from cabo san lucas. is there a panga fleet that runs out of or nearer to cabo san lucas?

and if anyone has any good advice on a dive charter, feel free to chime in on that as well.

Thanks in advance!

Actually, there are quite a few pangas right there in the harbor.
    Head down there before the day you want to fish, go talk to one of the captains and get hooked up.
    Since it is October, you should be able to catch as many Dodo's as you want in as little as 2 hours.
    As far as the diving, same as above.
    Don't get suckered into buying the expensive trips when you land at the airport or the guys going around town trying to sell trips.
    Good Luck

thanks for the advice. ive read al about he horror stories about being solicited like crazy down there

Quote Originally Posted by spartafish View Post
    thanks for the advice. ive read al about he horror stories about being solicited like crazy down there
    The horror stories are very true. Just never say these magical words to any people selling you stuff: "how much?" Always offer a price that's my advice to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Ifishtoolittle View Post
    The horror stories are very true. Just never say these magical words to any eole selling you stuff: "how much?" Always offer a price that's my advice to you.
    good advice, i can see where this would apply for taxis ad whatnot. but would you say this is a good practice when approaching the pangas and/or dive charter?

hey guys, im heading down to cabo sanlucas in late october and im having a hard time finding what im looking for.

Thanks in advance!
    If you are staying at a hotel, call them and see if they have a deal with the local fleet..
    Many times that is the best deal around, they have discounts to get the business..

Nothing is cheap down there any more...
    With all the other problems, plus their attitude about illegals etc.
    I have stopped going (but thats just me)...
    My own personal protest!!!

good advice, i can see where this would apply for taxis ad whatnot. but would you say this is a good practice when approaching the pangas and/or dive charter?
    For those guys um they usually won't cheat you out of a deal or give you an unfair price. The boat owner, captain, or deckhand may just brag how good their boat is. To find a truly good boat you will just need to ask around there are some American boat owners and fishermen who live there and gave me a lead on which pangas were best. As for which boat and sportfishing I went on I can't help you out there I forgot the name since I went 5 years ago. Here's another thing you should do bring a light baitcasting or spinning set-up rated in the 15lb class so that you can throw jigs or ripbaits for Jacks or Pargo down there. The thing is that if you don't say anything to the captain you may end up trolling all day and that's no fun at least not for me.

Better yet, skip cabo and head to La Paz hook up with Tailhunter's International (american owned) The best around, they treat u llike kings/queens lol very friendly place with reasonable prices to boot......OFG
    GB

Quote Originally Posted by olfishergal View Post
    Better yet, skip cabo and head to La Paz hook up with Tailhunter's International (american owned) The best around, they treat u llike kings/queens lol very friendly place with reasonable prices to boot......OFG
    GB
    youre absolutely right. unfortunately money is a little tight, and i got 5 days/4 nights including airfare for 680 in cabo, while all Jonathan could get me at tailhunters for that length was around 750 with one day of fishing not including airfare. so as much i wouldve loved to go to la Paz and fished with the tailhunter fleet, it simply came down to the bottom line. thank though!
    Last edited by spartafish; 08-30-2010 at 11:17 PM.

be careful, be very careful!!!!!!!!!!!

I will just add this to the reason I wont go anymore!!!!

At Least 8 Killed in Cancun Bar Attack

Published August 31, 2010

At least eight people were killed when Molotov cocktails were thrown into a bar in the Mexican town of Cancun, a resort area popular with U.S. tourists, officials said Tuesday.
    "The death of eight people is confirmed. Six on site -- including four women -- and two others in hospital, also women," prosecutor Francisco Alor Quezada, from the southeastern state of Quintana Roo, told AFP.
    According to witnesses, six men threw the Molotov cocktails at the establishment which had reported two attempts at extortion, apparently by the Zetas drug cartel.
    Local media reports said the attack happened at around 1am local time Tuesday. It set off a fire which destroyed the bar, which is in a residential area not frequented by tourists, officials said.
    The brutal Zetas, first set up by former paramilitaries in the 1990s, have grown in force since splitting off from the powerful Gulf gang, whom they are now fighting for control of drug trafficking routes.
    They are suspected in last week's massacre of 72 migrants in northeast Mexico and many kidnapping, killing and extortion cases.
    Cancun has seen sporadic attacks and gruesome discoveries of bodies in wells and graves as violence has escalated since President Felipe Calderon deployed tens of thousands of soldiers to take on organized crime gangs in 2006.
    More than 28,000 have died in drug-related violence nationwide since then, according to official figures.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast