Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Heads up... Sheriff's will be doing Drunk and Drug checks @ Castaic lake

Default Heads up... Sheriff's will be doing Drunk and Drug checks @ Castaic lake

Saw this in the local paper, It will be interesting in the out come, hopefully they'll post it.

Los Angeles County sheriff’s deputies will be performing boating-under-the-influence checks at Castaic Lake today and Pyramid Lake on Sunday. Deputies from the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department’s Parks Bureau will be conducting the checks in an attempt to reduce drug- and alcohol-related boating accidents and fatalities and discourage the use of drugs and alcohol at the two lakes, authorities said.

In that case a few wakeboarders/skiers will not be happy today, was standing in a long line at Gallions and everyone in front of me had 2 12packs under each arm and their eyes were glazed over already.

Good lookin out!

TS

Remember the clear-eyes!

Really though I hope they just weed out the trouble makers, ......pun intended.

TS
    Last edited by TaperSteve; 08-14-2010 at 12:46 PM.

It is a good thing, but Damm! Its sad when they ruin it for people who can control themselves. I see nothing wrong with a little something something, but If you can't handle it....Dont F@# with it. I guess thats an addict for you. I'll stick to the weed I guess.....just a little

I sure hope they don't visit the Wood, I'd hate to get busted in my floattube.

So if you get busted for boating under the influence does it go on your driving record? Is the boater arrested? What if there is no on onboard who is fit to drive the boat? Then what do they tow the boat to the impound dock?? Also impound the truck and trailor from the lot as well or??? I supose if it's a rental they could return the boat the rental office at Castiac (no rentals at Pyramid). Imagine having to call Bass Taxi to tell them you got a BUI and their boat got impounded. Be safe out there..

JerryG

Jerry,
    Yes it does go on your record. It is the same as a DUI on land. As far as towing the boat/truck ect i would assume they would impound it to a lot. Everyone needs to remember a DUi is above a .08 they can still hit you with a wet reckless under that. DMV states it is illegal to operate a vehicle under the effect of anything, prescribed or not

Quote Originally Posted by zinnnpow View Post
    Jerry,
    Yes it does go on your record. It is the same as a DUI on land. As far as towing the boat/truck ect i would assume they would impound it to a lot. Everyone needs to remember a DUi is above a .08 they can still hit you with a wet reckless under that. DMV states it is illegal to operate a vehicle under the effect of anything, prescribed or not

you are not even allowed alcohol at castaic lake for any-one.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast