Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tradition Structure Bass & Seabass for the Betty-G 8/11/10

Default Tradition Structure Bass & Seabass for the Betty-G 8/11/10

I’m going to make this a quick report. Yesterday, we got out with nine anglers. We would be going to try for a seabass and whatever else that would bite. In the morning, we soaked our baits for nothing but a few calicos and pencil barracuda. We tried a little bit longer for the seabass, but the water was on the cool side, so we opted to resort to fish the structure for some bass. We tried a couple structure spots before we got the call from Captain Anthony Le on the Betty-G. They got three jumbo seabass. So, we headed back down the line and tried for a seabass for a little while, but only one short was caught, as well as a couple calicos. Nothing doing on the seabass, so we headed back to fish the structure, and we did pretty well on the quality sand bass and a few nice calicos. Also caught were some whitefish, some short lings, and a few nice treefish – remember, they smell like pine! I managed to catch a nice treefish, a bunch of little whitefish (all released), a sand bass, and a nice calico that was released. Anyways, an okay day on the bass with fish up to four pounds caught on the leadhead and live squid. The Betty-G’s seabass were all big ones, weighing 40, 46, and 60 pounds. When we got back in, we saw the 46 pounder that Anthony caught himself. There’s big fish out there right now, and it has everyone excited. Great times, great fishing!

Last Thursday, David Tong of Temple City caught a 17 pound sheephead.

Hey Jimmy.
    Nice report and cool pics of the Behemoth WSB!
    I'll see you the 28th at Irvine.
    Take Care,
    Robert

damn that is a huge wsb,also monster of a sheephead.congrats and thanks for the report

Nice WSB they got. I saw the Tradition today thursday and thought I saw JPJ from the cliffs at upper Haggerty's ?
    They were next to the Redondo Special pulling up some Cudas outside the kelp.
    DR

Big fish everywhere! Your killing me dude.

Great read JJ, loved the pixs. One very nice WSB!

NG

great pics & report...man thats one nice seabass

Hi Jackpot Jimmy,

Nice bunch of fish ...... on both boats. Nice looking Treefish and Goat along with the Bass. I see a green thingy (Scampy) in that Calico's mouth. Caught ...... ONLY or w/trailer trash, etc. ? :)

Great report as usual but a tad short (IMNSHO) on the verbage ! ;)

JapanRon

Those are some nice white sea bass! And that sheephead, wowzers! Thanks for the report.

Good effort, fun fishing, sweet!

Cory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast