Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: New CPR Method - Worth 6 minutes to save a life

Default New CPR Method - Worth 6 minutes to save a life

Take 6 minutes to watch the video, might be worth it to save someone you love...

http://medicine.arizona.edu/spotligh...ompression-cpr

No more mouth-to-mouth .

It's amazing that no one thought of this sooner, or at least they finally listened to someone .

Yeah, and then get sued because you broke their rib or something. I'm sorry but if I don't really know the person, I won't touch them. I'll call 911 and try to keep them safe from anything around, that's about it. Sounds a little cold blooded but you never know how people are now and days.

Quote Originally Posted by TFC_mr.chilax View Post
    Yeah, and then get sued because you broke their rib or something. I'm sorry but if I don't really know the person, I won't touch them. I'll call 911 and try to keep them safe from anything around, that's about it. Sounds a little cold blooded but you never know how people are now and days.
    Google "Good Samaritan Laws"

I guess its your choice to do what and what not. But cpr really does work, and it can save a life, and the good samaritan laws do protect. Just hope its enough to think about as far as reconsidering not touching someone you could potentially save.
    thanks for the vid

Great Video, thanks for posting it.....
    New techniques are good to learn and this one seems simple enough..
    It even says in the video you are not at risk due to the Good Samaritan laws.
    Do not need to be certified or licensed in any way, just know the technique...

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_many_s..._Samaritan_law

This is a great video, I am much more likely to help someone with this continuous chest method over CPR. Too much to remember with CPR and because of it too much can go wrong.

Thanks for the info

Thank you DarkShadow, the Samaritan Law just change the way I look at CPR. My girlfriend scared me couple years ago when she told me the story of a co-worker of hers that gave CPR to a little girl(they worked in a private elementary school), she saved her life but the greedy parents sued the teacher and I think they tried to go at the school too. But now I know. Thank you.

That's messed up.. sue the person that saves your daughter's life.

did those parents succeed? I hope not..

great video. Useful in case you're hanging out around me. I tend to knock myself out.