Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I think the Macs are back

ya the mackrel are starting to bite if you go out on the half day boats too.

2. Default

There were s#%t load of them last Friday when I went out on a Twilight trip out of Marina Del Rey.

I don't want to know if their biting. I want to know HOW TO KEEP THEM FROM BITING. Darn things steal my bait way too often.

I never thought id see this.....a mackerel report/info.....we have stooped really low guys...... :D

smoked mac is tasty!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ghetto dad
    I never thought id see this.....a mackerel report/info.....we have stooped really low guys...... :D
    Oh man, now all the lurkers will probably go and slay all our precious Mackrel.
    I bet they'll all be at the end of the West Jetty at NP Harbor tomorrow morning.

[quote=one_leg]
    Quote Originally Posted by "ghetto dad":7d930
    Oh man, now all the lurkers will probably go and slay all our precious Mackrel.
    I bet they'll all be at the end of the West Jetty at NP Harbor tomorrow morning.[/quote:7d930]

hahahahahahhaha

I know the spanish mackerel from back home in Guam are just as tastey as tuna, it's wierd how same fish but from different area has different tastes

Those of you who are are too good to eat Mack or think lowly of those who fish for them should get of your high horse. Macks are good eating if you know how to prepare them. It it was so disgusting and unedible it wouldn't be made into sushi. Smoked mackarel is very good!

i once ate mac prep by my boys mom (viet/chinese). big hot chilli pot filled with mac and white chow fun noodles on the side..omg i cant explain to you how good it was. 8)

Quote Originally Posted by steelhead
    Those of you who are are too good to eat Mack or think lowly of those who fish for them should get of your high horse. Macks are good eating if you know how to prepare them. It it was so disgusting and unedible it wouldn't be made into sushi. Smoked mackarel is very good!
    Dont get feisty, I personally don't think I am too good to eat macekrel, nor do I think lowly of people who eat them......as far as I am concerned, especially when i was working on the boats ( 50 cents a fish to filet/gill and gut), they taste JUST LIKE CHICKEN!!!! :D

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast