Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: shore fishing question

Default shore fishing question

hey dvl regulars question can you fish any where from shore or just the areas they tell you?

Here is the link to DVL Shore Fishing area.. I think it has been updated and expanded?
    http://www.dvlake.com/shoreline01.html

As far as I know, (before they fixed/extended the launch ramp) they opened a lot more shore line to fishing.
    Added shore to the East Dam and some along South shore near East Dam...

?????????

I've seen guys all over that place....I think if you can hike it, you can fish it.

i would check before you try some the other areas of the lake. i know some places are so steep that you will end up swimming with your tackle and some chunks out of you too.

It;s best to get a boat but if you want to fish from shore check out some of the guys who post here that fish the shore. they do good on bass striper's and trout depending on the time of year.

for DVL just remember to work the bait SLOW!

Simple .. Call the marine office and ASK !!
    Number is on the site. Top, click HOME... Number on the right side...

Marina Office - (951) 926-7201 or (800) 590-LAKE
    Marina Office - (951) 926-7201 or (800) 590-LAKE

thnx guys. i called and its 1.5m to the left and 1.5m to the right of the marina.. ill be there tomorrow and heading east on foot..

good luck, will be there tomorrow on a buddies rental.

You can only fish RIGHT of the launch ramp now that the water is up, and continues to rise 2-4ft. every several days - according to DVL Marina. Man, I cannot wait for Spring time to come around! It will be amazing if the water stays up!

I went to a MWD meeting this week, water supply is looking pretty good right now. They will try to keep filling DVL through the winter, if they can keep getting water from up north. They probably won't be able to fill it all the way, but may come close. Should be much better next spring.