Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Duct 8-6-10

Default Duct 8-6-10

Did a couple of hours local AV duct quick hit last night with a friend. Water flow was wide open. No weeds or moss. Fishing was tough. 1st spot nothing and ran into a few people that were there an hour trying but nothing for them either. I tried 3 different lures. Same results for my bud. Moved onto 2nd spot and within a few minutes I had a willing participant and nailed it and landed it on the KPN. Tried for a awhile longer but nothing and went back to trying the usual different duct lures for nothing. Made a quick spot 3 stop and absolutely nothing there for either of us.

Since I still have a little meat left from the DD's last week, I was going to release the fish but it had really exerted itself. It was running pretty good and when I finally landed it, it went almost belly up. It came in at 26", about 7lbs. Stomach was empty but had two very small egg sacks forming.

cutbait Guest

Nice fish!

I need to try the duct one of these days. great catch

YOLO=AV duct master,,,,,,

WTG YOLO

I remember not too long ago you mostly fished daytime,,,,,,,,now were starting to see alot more pics with a headlight in the background,,,,,,,,,,i can relate to that.

TRAIL BLAZER

TB, yeah if I can get them in the day then night is a walk in the park ;) Actually I still prefer the day because the nights kick my arse. I miss too much sleep and I can't make it up. I rise early no matter when I go to bed so night stuff, especially really late night or all night missions are minimal. Last night was really spontaneous. Got a call at 8:15pm and we were fishing by 9:00pm. Only out for a couple of hours so not too bad.

cutbait Guest

I prefer the waking up at 2am and then going fishing than getting to bed at 2 am

Quote Originally Posted by yolo View Post
    TB, yeah if I can get them in the day then night is a walk in the park ;) Actually I still prefer the day because the nights kick my arse. I miss too much sleep and I can't make it up. I rise early no matter when I go to bed so night stuff, especially really late night or all night missions are minimal. Last night was really spontaneous. Got a call at 8:15pm and we were fishing by 9:00pm. Only out for a couple of hours so not too bad.

WHOAAAAAAAAAAAA,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,P ost now yolo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!LOL

LOOK AT YOUR POST COUNT=666
    STRIPER11550:Twisted:

STRIPER FEST
    HEAVY STRINGER
    CHAMPION

Oh chit. That explains this morning's total skunkage. Not even resorting to my fail proof catfish technique helped me beat the skunk. Now I see why.

AHHHHHHHH,,,,,,,,,,Much better!,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,next trip out will be better
    STRIPER11550:Twisted:

STRIPER FEST
    HEAVY STRINGER
    CHAMPION