Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Dvl 8/4/10

Default Dvl 8/4/10

Headed out today with some buddies of mine and rented a pontoon and took it out for the day. Got on to a couple average size LMB early and a nice SMB on topwater. Then by about 9 o clock we looked about 300 yards across the lake and it looked like Poseidon himself was creating a whirlpool in the water. We zoomed over there in our little putt-putt rental pontoon (which took about a day and a half) to find out they were stripers and there were tons of fish scales in the water from the massacre. I have seen hundreds of boils in my life but none like the ones I saw today. There must half been a large school of about 20 - 30 striper or so ranging from 6lbs - 20ishlbs. They just boiled for about a minute then went down deeper to chase the shad back up to the surface. They did this all day and jumped from spot to spot across the lake. Every boil that we were able to catch up onto with the putt-putt pontoon was an amazing sight. I called it the boil of the century.

Amazing day on the water. I also wanted to thank the dude in the blue bass tracker, if he's on here for helping us out and giving us some sweet shad immitation lures to try out.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fish 2.jpg 
Views:	107 
Size:	68.5 KB 
ID:	24819Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fish 1.jpg 
Views:	130 
Size:	69.6 KB 
ID:	24818

Nice fish bro.. im going on saturday.. never been before you got any pointers for me?

Quote Originally Posted by Sublime-Steve View Post
    Nice fish bro.. im going on saturday.. never been before you got any pointers for me?
    look for the boils and fish the points, thats where all my fish came from