Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lake Mead 08/03/2010

Default Lake Mead 08/03/2010

Went out to the lake at around 1pm off of Hole 33 with my cousin and his friend. There was a slight breeze when we 1st arrived, and started doubting myself if i should bring my float tube down there or not, so i decided to bring it down just incase if the wind dies down.

Got our gear ready, and prepped up the tube, and continued our hike down the hill. As we got down, the wind wasnt as strong as i thought it would be

Last time we fished the lake was about a month ago, and we noticed that the water level dropped dramastically My guess would have to be atleast 5 feet.

It dropped so much, that we were able to see a complete sunkin boat thats been in the lake for years. It still had the motor on it too.

On with fishing... I set up my rods with some BPS rattle shads that were $15.99 for a set of 5, but they came out to be $4.51 only cause i had credit in my rewards card (highly recommend shopping at Bass Pros and getting a FREE rewards card, you literally get free gear!) So then, i start tossing them out while my cousin and his homie set up to catch so kitties.

I got to anxious so im like "Im going to tube it for awhile. So i get out there with some help with the wind Hoping i it wouldnt be as hard coming back to shore fighting against the wind, but i managed.

Long story short, no luck for me. And cousin pulls out 2 nice kitties.

Being skunked, isnt fun. Going back this weekend to BBQ & fish.

Any anglers like to help me land some stripers?

Keep at it. You'll find your rhythm. And no pointers for the stripers, sorry. But we have some guys on here that kill those fish, just wait for them to reply, they like to see us suffer a little. HA! jk.

Dang, usually that's THE lake.

Sorry to hear about the skunk. Dont give up on this place, it's fascinating just to be there!

Quote Originally Posted by TFC_mr.chilax View Post
    Keep at it. You'll find your rhythm. And no pointers for the stripers, sorry. But we have some guys on here that kill those fish, just wait for them to reply, they like to see us suffer a little. HA! jk.
    Haha well i hope they say something soon, it would be nice to catch my first striper.

Quote Originally Posted by smokehound View Post
    Dang, usually that's THE lake.

Sorry to hear about the skunk. Dont give up on this place, it's fascinating just to be there!
    Yeah, im not giving up yet, and the place is fascinating. Good place to go out, relax, and hide.

Don't feel bad my buddy fishes it weekly and has had similar success lately. The stripers aren't slurping or boiling, very few shad to be found.

It's a weird year out there, I was there a few weeks ago and it was a tough bite. That hike isn't that long but it's a killer in 114 degree weather!

Quote Originally Posted by seal View Post
    Don't feel bad my buddy fishes it weekly and has had similar success lately. The stripers aren't slurping or boiling, very few shad to be found.

It's a weird year out there, I was there a few weeks ago and it was a tough bite. That hike isn't that long but it's a killer in 114 degree weather!
    Yeah, I plan on going deeper next time on the tube. That hike is killer going back up in 105 degree wather, with a tube on your back, with the wind blowing against you. Sheesh!

But, im heading to the lake right now to go for some kitties.

They still have CARP (Crap) in that lake?

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky70 View Post
    Tons! We float tube it also and fly fish, my buddy has tied up some popcorn imitations that we want to try for the carp, toss out a bag or 2 and throw in the fly, sounds fun in theory!

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky70 View Post
    Yup WFO!

Did you try any shad imitations?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast