Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ticket on bouy line

Quote Originally Posted by Beeracuda211 View Post
    I think you have a horrible attitude sir, just think if you were tied to that buoy line and the dam broke, how dumb would you feel then? There is a reason for everything in this case, your safety first... Think before you speak... Oh and by the way if your tired of California, go to Arizona, or better yet, Mexico... lol

B/C
    I'm not sure being anchored would be any better if the dam broke.

I'm sure the Mexican Police would be much more understanding.

like i said it's more so about having tons of boats tying up to the line and breaking it with the weight of all the boats!!!

Also if you have a problem with the lake lice then call the main line at castaic and make a complaint. Every time i have done this the lifegaurds are quick to bust these guys too.

Also if you guys have been on this lake a few times you would know that they have warned us anglers many times about tying to the line is not acceptable. I have been told many times to not tie to it. So easy fix get some long anchor rope and do it the right way!

"like i said it's more so about having tons of boats tying up to the line and breaking it with the weight of all the boats!!!"
    Not to get technical here but..the "weight" of the boats has nothing to do with it,,It would be the total "windage" of all the boats put together that is the problem. So if there is little or no wind then it would not be an issue. However if it was blowing 20 then there would be quite a bit of pressure put on the buoys..And i dont care if I anchor of tie-up...works both ways for me...
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windage
    Last edited by dixoncider; 08-04-2010 at 09:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dixoncider View Post
    "like i said it's more so about having tons of boats tying up to the line and breaking it with the weight of all the boats!!!"
    Not to get technical here but..the "weight" of the boats has nothing to do with it,,It would be the total "windage" of all the boats put together that is the problem. So if there is little or no wind then it would not be an issue. However if it was blowing 20 then there would be quite a bit of pressure put on the buoys..And i dont care if I anchor of tie-up...works both ways for me...
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windage
    this is known that the total weight when the wind kicks in is what breaks the line and causes damages.

But instead of setting a wind limit for the line it is much easier for them to just give out tickets any time.

The reason that you can not tie to the BL is simple. It/ they are considered a navigational buoy. You can not tie to a navigational buoy anywhere, lake, stream, river, or ocean. End of story.
    Yes it sucks, and I think it is BS, but that's is the law. Not just CA, but all across our great country, and along our coasts.

Capt'n

Quote Originally Posted by SDDave View Post
    Any chance of this in a higher resolution. I can PM you my email if needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Lopez View Post
    I have steered clear of castaic lagoon because of the new rules and regulations.
    Ray, Its been awhile since I've been down to the lagoon, what new rules and regulations are you talking about?

BassnMan Mike

Do you know why they are busy emptying out all the jails? Kicking loose all the serial killers, gangbangers and pedophiles? Simple, they have to have more room for the more serious criminals--those hardened thugs who would dare even accidentally touch the buoy line at Castaic! I mean this is a Major Felony! So if you see a patrol boat pass by emblazoned with swastikas, just give it a Nazi salute and a hearty "Sig Heil!"

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast