Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ticket on bouy line

buoy line is at the very tip of the top left. elizabeth canyon is the northern most black dot on the right side in that picture.

You should be perpared to anchor in 125' of water.

thanks for the info. guess I have to bring a longer anchor rope if i rent a boat there...lol

Quote Originally Posted by elevated View Post
    thanks for the info. guess I have to bring a longer anchor rope if i rent a boat there...lol
    Harbor Freight sells 600 ft. of 1/4" pull rope in the stores for under $20. I couldn't find it on the website. I got mine in Pasadena.

I got one from Harbor Freight as stated by Fishinone with a 25% coupon on top of it...Cut it in half & you will have 2 300ft of rope. Walmart carries the 10lbs mushroom anchor for $20.....you're set with 2 anchors to fish buoy line.

While I'm at harbor Freight, I pick up 20 ft of 5/16" or 3/8" Truckers chain and some turn buckles. Put the chain above the anchor and it will hold bottom much better.

Oh yea. I cut the chain in half and put half on each anchor.
    Last edited by fishinone; 08-03-2010 at 01:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eat Sleep Fish View Post
    Castaic Lake "lifegaurds", sherrifs, and other "law enforcers" can blow me....leave the god dam fisherman alone and get after the people who are a real threat with their drinking and boating.

So many people get away with drunk boating at Castaic it's not even funny. The so called "sherrifs" don't even have the slightest effen clue. Too busy worrying about all the wrong things. Don' tie to the bouyline?! Don't even touch it?!? What kind of BS is that?!? Show me ONE, just ONE time someone was in danger or a threat for TOUCHING the bouy line.

Ah man, California just keeps getting Yuppier and Yuppier....EFF THIS STATE!
    I think you have a horrible attitude sir, just think if you were tied to that buoy line and the dam broke, how dumb would you feel then? There is a reason for everything in this case, your safety first... Think before you speak... Oh and by the way if your tired of California, go to Arizona, or better yet, Mexico... lol

B/C

Quote Originally Posted by Beeracuda211 View Post
    I think you have a horrible attitude sir, just think if you were tied to that buoy line and the dam broke, how dumb would you feel then? There is a reason for everything in this case, your safety first... Think before you speak... Oh and by the way if your tired of California, go to Arizona, or better yet, Mexico... lol

B/C
    the dam break? really?

-bb

B/C
    you must not go to castaic much if youre defending the lifeguards.

B/C
    Lol nice job. been playing swords with those cops, I see..

And what the heck is wrong with arizona? There are tons of spots all over that state with incredible fishing.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast