Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Newport Harbor 8.4.2010

Default Newport Harbor 8.4.2010

My 10 year old son and I fished Newport Harbor this morning. Hit the water at 650AM and launched from Newport Aquatic Center. We have a 15' canoe with electric trolling motor. Trolled west under PCH bridge and had no luck. Once we were in middle of channel intersection we switched to cut squid. No luck. Worked docks for 30 mins with only one small bass. Moved to middle of channel again just west of PCH and switched over to Gulp 2' shrimp. Nice wind out of the west so drifted east and let bait bounce off bottom. Caught 4 more bass - 2 over 12". Broke one reel on bottom snag and broke one rod tip. Did hook up a bat ray? as something took a LOT of line before breaking it off.

Only thing better than fishing is fishing with my son!

Sounds like you had a good time out there with your son Lanhardt.
    Enjoy it while you can, mine are teenagers now and we seldom fish anymore since they have other things going on in their lives.
    Good Job Dad!
    Robert

Quote Originally Posted by Lanhardt View Post

Only thing better than fishing is fishing with my son!
    Welcome to FNN and thanks for the report.
    I guess you have CF #s on the Canoe ?
    How old is your son ?
    DR